Panther boards

whitewolf

Seasoned Expediter
Is anyone having this problem?
I live in Youngstown, OH and closest board is Coraopolis, Pa 43 mi..next is New Kensington, Pa 59 mi and 80 miles away from Cleveland .. I'm always on Cleveland board and Panther is dispatching the closest trucks first...and for me is only an offer when I'm 1st on Cleveland board and a load very close to me... Is that fair? Anyone having same problems? Why is not Youngstown board? They have in Springfield, MA 10 boards on a 30 miles radius and here nothing...Is there something Drivers Council can do?
Thank you

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
Good luck trying to get anything changed, Before the change I sat at home on 5 boards with 15-20 loads a day comming out now I sit on a less than 1 a day board. Alot of the loads I used to get Im 15 mi from the shipper but Im not on that board. I tried to get them to do something and was told to move over to that board..........So they want me to sit in my truck 15 mi from home, tell me that makes sence.............
________
YoungPrettyLad live

Last edited:

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Same problems here too dude! I'm from Salem, OH and I am 40 miles from the Coriopolis, PA board and 41 from the Akron board. They've been dispatching other drivers around me too. I sat on a first out in Salem for 2 days this week, only to get a crappy run offer from Minerva, OH to Findlay for 133 miles. I asked for a first out and they wouldn't offer it. So my option was either take it...or sit. So I took it. Now I am sittin here at the Mobile station in Morton, IL on a first out and have been waiting for a load since 0500 this morning. It's 1743. 12 hours with avg 3 a day and still no load offer. Yesterday, I sat on the Chicago board on 2nd out from 1415 until 1700 without a load offer and they average 17 a day. When I got the load it was 133 mile run to Chillicothe, Ill. It's really starting to aggravate the hell out of me. Something has got to give here.

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
I dont know but I think Panther is inflating their load counts. I talk to a number of drivers every day and its the same story 1st out on a 3 + a day board and its 24 to 48 hrs before they get a load offer then its a 100-200 mi load. At least under the old system you could move up on more than 1 board.
________
Marijuana Bubbler

Last edited:

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
It would be nice if they would just do away with 1st outs all together. and just pay people enough to do the short loads. Have you ever sat all weekend somewhere at 1st out and monday you go to 2nd then 3rd because of 1st outs comming in , Just not a fair system in my oppinon, but then Panther offering a 1st out dont cost them a dime just the Drivers.
________
Bubbler pipe

Last edited:

TurkeyHawk

Seasoned Expediter
I made a decision not to expedite, I was going to hook on with Panther.

Thanks for confirming I made the right choice to wait.

Good Luck kids!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
To bad more people dont think like you and let the herd thin out a little....LOL

What? the fuel prices are doing just that because people don't get this is a business, not an RVer club. ;)

If you want to thin it out, hope for the $5 a gallon price... then watch.....

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
Yes the fuel prices are a major concern, but with the turnover at Panther I dont think people really understand what life on the road in Expediting is all about. I dont think they know how much sitting around doing nothing there is and being gone from home for weeks on end. New people getting into this just have a dream of making big bucks and dont see the downside.
________
Avandia lawyer

Last edited:

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
If the herd got thinned a little do you think rates will go up? You think they would because of the supply and demand issue. The drivers probobly won't see any of it though.

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
miguy1957 Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! I like the comments in this topic I am agree with you , if the Panther pay good for the short runs , like thay get a big $$$$$$$ for this runs we all be OK, no complaine, but thay don't and we are all in the same boat.........we all not the Favorites........ I agree with this that is very stupid 1st out and what the other have to waiting other 2 days?////
They have very funy ruls whice I don't like and others to.......... I hope we can get better way to make are $$$$$$$$$$$ in this hard period for all of us in this industry........... Good luck to all with the wishes from my heart ...........

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
If the herd got thinned a little do you think rates will go up? You think they would because of the supply and demand issue. The drivers probobly won't see any of it though.

I dont think rates will rise for the O/O untill the well runs dry on new people comming into the Bussiness. As long as Panther can fill the seats in orentation 1 or 2 times a week they wont rise rates. Just my thoughts..
________
LIVE SEX

Last edited:

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
Yes, but soon all this new O/O see the radius of 100 mil and flat rate and see the first pay they will understud whwrw thay are???? My husband said in the orientation about 3 -4 people left in the first day whwn tahy hurt some of the many stupid ruls , thay left and thay said we can't make any living in this place..........I know for a fact that company is in shortage now for TT this I know direct from 3-4 dispatch and don't take care of the old one thay will end with no TT very soon.........