Panther A-Go-Go

zman3k

Seasoned Expediter
Well, Holly and I are planning on going to Panther orientation on 7-Feb. Can anybody that has been through Panther orientation real recently give us some insight on what to expect during the time we'll be spending in the greater Sevill, OH metropolitan area? And how 'bout a place to stay, and any other points of interest that may exist around there, and I'm not looking for cornfields or giant suicidal cicadas, thank you. I saw those the last time I was in Ohio. ;)

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Just right in that area there is a comfort Inn that Panther gets a discount. Same deal on the Super 8 if you are traveling with pets. Plenty of places to eat. I would just ask.
Good luck at orientation

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

bryan

Veteran Expediter
Hi

As for something to do in Seville.Build snowman, make snow angels, have a snowball fight or build an igloo.Take a coat it cold too.Good luck

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
>in the greater Sevill, OH metropolitan area?

Heheheh ..... never been to Seville eh ?

I think "Seville" is printed on both sides of the signs ...... I haven't been thru Panther orientation but I live fairly close to the area.

Well ..... too bad on the cornfields ..... there's a bunch of really nice ones out that way .... especially south and west. No need to worry on the cicadas .... they're all in the ground snoozin' this time of year .... too hard to dig 'em with as cold as it is.

Points of interest ..... in the immediate area I don't know that there's awhole lot.

Head south outta town and you could stop by at Sterling Farm Equipment and see the boys .... scope out the new iron by Case, Kubota, and the like. That's about it down in Sterling.

Head north outta town and you hit Medina .... it's is/was a cute little town .... becoming a 'burb of Cleveland at this point. There outta be a couple of quaint little places downtown on the square that you could get a decent bite. And after you're done there's a Tractor Supply north of town (for "Everything You Need Out Thereâ„¢")

Guess it depends on your interests. You're about 12 miles from Akron and 25 miles from downtown Cleveland, but close to both I-71 and I-76. How far ya wanna venture out ?

Up at S.R. 18 and I-77 there's a real good Mexican resturant called Tres Portillos (on the west side of 77 on the south frontage road) - great chicken mole and cheese dip with chorizo. Plus a bunch of your other typical "put-on-the-feedbag" places (Don Pablos, TGIFridays, Outback, etc.) Head east on 18 past 77 and there's more of your typical "exit" fare (SteakNShake, Wendy's, Starbucks, etc.) there's also a very good Thai resturant called "Pad Thai"

If the weather keeps up like it is right now (8" - 18" of snow predicted for the snowbelt northeast of Cleveland in the next 24 hours) and ya like to ski, head on up to Boston Mills or Brandywine.

There's the Rock Hall and a Hard Rock Cafe up in Cleveland and the National Inventors Hall of Fame down in Akron. Plenty of nite clubs, museums and that sort thing up in Cleveland.

If it were summer .... a day trip to the Cuyahoga Valley National Park might be nice .... a little too cold for me tho' at this point.

Lemme know what kinda thing you're looking for and how far ya wanna travel and I'll try and steer ya.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If I was in a vehicle I could get easy access with I'd go to the inventor hall of fame and also the old Goodyear facility. I always think it's a really cool old building and piece of history when I'm passing through that way.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

zman3k

Seasoned Expediter
Wait...it's going to be cold up there, but I'm from Texas where last week when it got cold and iced, I slept all day. So save for the time at orientation, I'm going to curl up in my bed at the hotel. :p

zman3k

Seasoned Expediter
Aww, c'mon boss, if you're going to tell me not to go, at least substantiate it, even if your only reason is that the new three-toed sloth in the dispatch office is slow and is always in conflict with the jaguar, it's better than nothing.

Have a great day! :)

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Z Mack makes a good point,Ark if you say" best advice is don't go" why not say why? Should Z Mack not go based on one statement, why don't you qualify your negative comment with facts?

Z Mack and Holly best of luck to you and keep us posted.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Zak & Holly, just 30 miles south, on the south side of the Turnpike, is the Strongsville Chalet in the Metroparks, for tobogganing, and Inventure Place in Akron is an awesome mix of invention and adventure, if you wanna be indoors. Both places are a great day trip!

zman3k

Seasoned Expediter
I used to have a rule about not eating Mexican food north of the 31st parrallell or east of the 95th meridian. However due to the diasporic movement of that culture through out the US, you can go just about anywhere and get good Mexican food....except for Dallas. :p

Having said that, we may try that out.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I just didn't care for panther that much. got tired of getting cussed out by the pimple faced kids they have dispatching. plus they are good at making promises they can't keep. then there are all those loads i d/h 100 milrs to pick up and go back 100 miles the same way i came from to swap just because a team didn't want to deadhead.

themagicoen

Expert Expediter
Well there is a small bar in Medina called Jo-Jo's, it's behind the bowling alley. Thursday night is .10 wings, very very tasty. They also have some good booze... I've been carried out of that place a few times. There is a steak/rib place up by Walmart that has all you can eat rib/chicken on wensdays I think those are tasty too.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
magicone are you sure that you weren't carried in as well? Because JO-JO's is not behind the bowling alley,it's on Jefferson st. one block from the square.

truckergirl

Seasoned Expediter
Wow, tobogganing, that brings back memories! I think my parents still have my toboggan in their attic...

Zak & Holly, just 30 miles south, on the south side of the
>Turnpike, is the Strongsville Chalet in the Metroparks, for
>tobogganing, and Inventure Place in Akron is an awesome mix
>of invention and adventure, if you wanna be indoors. Both
>places are a great day trip!

zman3k

Seasoned Expediter
Oh! Oh! Local geography fight! :p

Thanks for all the input in this matter, I'm sure we'll manage to sneak a peak and/or tast at/of some of this stuff. :)

themagicoen

Expert Expediter
that may be true... I'm pretty much out of it by time I get there after hitting Market place and a few others. Been a few months since I've been there too.