Oprah the next VP

oncedrove

Expert Expediter
Wife came home and said, talk radio was saying Joe Biden was getting the boot and Oprah was going on the ticket with Obama next go round.

Do you think this is possible? or might happen?

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
Heck, why not, the current president has no skills or talent. A least Oprah has had the same show for quite a while. BTW who is this Biden guy?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I could see it happening. Barry's numbers are getting worse and she is MORE popular than HE or Biden is. It would also put the ticket about as far left as it could get short of running Stalin. Another goal achieved.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I think as talk show host go, she is one of the worst out there. She is not liked in a lot of circles and in main stream America there are too many skeletons in her closet for her to make any real politician - the press would not give her a pass at all on some of the issues she represents.

I think if this would happen, the country would embrace it for a moment and then decide nope not going to happen.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That is EXACTLY what I thought when Obama ran. He was totally un-qualified and inexperienced (man it sure does show now!) and surely the American people were not STUPID enough to vote for someone who was SO un-suited for the job. GOT that one wrong!! SO, why NOT put a extreme left winger who's show is superficial and often lies for headlines, who has even LESS background that Osama Obama did when he ran, sounds about right to me!! Would likely win!! The dumber the better it seems!!

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks Greg! Anyone else gonna vote for me? Don't be shy...step right up! I don't know stick 'em about politics and heck, I'll need a step stool just to see over the podium but I know that I can wing it good enough to whip this country into shape. :)

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Thanks Greg! Anyone else gonna vote for me? Don't be shy...step right up! I don't know stick 'em about politics and heck, I'll need a step stool just to see over the podium but I know that I can wing it good enough to whip this country into shape. :)

I like your experience as a businesswoman. Entrepreneurism is goooooooooood!!! Would you perchance be in close philosophical alignment with my gal, Sarah Palin?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I heard on a a talk show the other day the Biden out thing. They said Hillary would get the nod as his replacement. I could see that happening, it would counter Palin and set her up in a runn for president 4 years later.

Oilerman1957

Expert Expediter
I hope you understand the Democrats would love to see Palin win the nomination, she cant win, just as the Democrats loved seeing John McCain win the nomination. I sure hope the Republicans come up with a person that has a chance to win.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I would vote for Wingnut too!! Maybe she can make me Sec of Defense!!! I don't WANT the ReBumLiCans to run someone good. I just want them AND the Dumb-O-Crats to just go away, for good!!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Why not? We have an idiot now, almost ANYONE would be an improvement. Besides, Mindi has more brains in her left little finger than Obama has in his entire head.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
WAY better than the one we have in there now, THAT is for SURE!! It would, of course, depend on the woman. I would NOT want to see Oprah or anyone like her in there. I still want to be Mindi's Sec of Defense.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The medical miracle of having brains in one's little finger notwithstanding, having more or less brains than a particular president isn't the criteria for a good president.

Women outnumber men in this country by something like 8 or 9 million. Women voters outnumber men voters by 15% to 20%. If we don't have a woman president, you can point directly at women as the reason why not.

The biggest reason is that the president's salary is mandated by law, and we just can't have a woman making the same money as a man in the same job. :D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Having brains must not be a requirement, after all, we have one NOW without them. It SHOULD be though.