oovoo.com

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
anybody use oovoo.com

seen some ads on cable the other day and was considering it to keep in touch with loved ones.

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
I downloaded it and just tried talking to my grandchildren back home. It didn't work very well to me. I don't know what the problem was. I saw them but they said I kept fading in and out and they couldn't hear me. It might be my verizon wireless that is messing up. I hooked this up at Christmas and it
worked while we were in the same area.
I may need to research this more.

springrivergroup

Seasoned Expediter
we used skype to talk to our son over the sprint cell connection and it worked ok if we had good signal we could get pictures also and its free, used yahoo to talk to our other son in afgan and it worked ok most of the time

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Computer to computer, video and or voice. Google Works great in the U.S.A. Works okay for overseas. Great price.. Free.

Scott101

Seasoned Expediter
Like arrbsthw pointed out, problems may have more to do with the connection then the software. Are you using wireless hotspots or an aircard? Uploading video through an aircard connection can be hit and miss. It may be against your TOS agreement with your provider as well.

The feature I found most interesting with oovoo is streaming to a standard web browser so that the recipient doesn't need to download software. Probably not a feature you need. But an interesting feature anyway...