OOIDA Question

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
Is OOIDA a good idea for a team that is running basically on a lease contract and looking at there options for the future or is it really just for a pure O/O

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OOIDA is for EVERYONE. OO, owner/operator, ID, independent driver. They are the only organization truly working for the betterment of the drivers. The ATA et al are big industry lobbyists whose primary concern is the well being and ongoing support of Swift, JB etc. and if any of that is also good for us then ok. OOIDA is fighting for what's best for us and if it happens to be good for those companies as well then ok. Use someone's member number when you join and you'll get $20 off your first year. Mine is in my signature and I'm sure anyone else with one would be glad to let you use theirs too.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Even if you got nothing from your membership other than the Landline magazine, it would be worth it. Example: my last load was 140 lbs over the gross weight for my truck. Thanks to Landline, I have a copy of Public Law 109-58 which allows for an increase of up to 400 lbs to compensate for an APU. I didn't need it, (got green lights at every prepass!) but it was there if I had. Landline keeps you up to date and out of trouble, if you pay attention.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
For all it offers OOIDA is a wonderful bargain. If you wander around their Web site, it's invaluable.

Last edited:

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
OK ty all will join great to know

now in perfect Ill fashion what can i get from anybody for signing up using there number as a reference do i hear a Senate seat

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter

You will have to give to Bagojoviac fund first before I can decide on the Senate Seat, keep all bills 50s N 20s in a brown suite case. Hand to Mrs. B for safe keeping.

But I am not Liberal enuff for IL polotics so how would you advise me for fitting in?

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Too bad your name isn't Kennedy, Broom. If you don't know how to fit in, plenty of libs would do that for you... experience or no.