on the road again

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
Turned out to just be the belt! Fixed and working good again. Still zitting in MS and hot as heck this morning. Side hope we get moving soon!!

twentyhigh

Seasoned Expediter
Yay for easy fixes! At home thus morning and our AC is blowing hot air. Not a great way to start the day. Looks like a long weekend! Needed ti work in the yard anyway.

Kristi

Active Expediter
Hope all are doing well. We are still sitting in Canton waiting for a call. Was sure hoping for some miles for the weekend. Wasn't a very good week! Well maybe next week will be better!! Everyone stay safe!

We got a load out of Atlanta yesterday morning with a Mon delivery in NJ. 799 miles. Our week wasn't great either but we're staying positive for next week. Y'all have a good weekend.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using EO Forums

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
Well we moved to Olive Branch MS aka Memphis. Hope to have a better chance at a good load in the morning. First out for 100miles! Kristi I hope we all have a much better week this week and that itcontinues to finish out the season!!
Twenty I hope the air is an easy fix. Summer without ac sux!!!!

PreacherRich

Seasoned Expediter
Well we moved to Olive Branch MS aka Memphis. Hope to have a better chance at a good load in the morning. First out for 100miles! Kristi I hope we all have a much better week this week and that itcontinues to finish out the season!!
Twenty I hope the air is an easy fix. Summer without ac sux!!!!

Never spent much more than a day in Olive Branch, been there several times in the last couple months. Stay cool!

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks preacher... We usually do good out of here too. Hopefully they can get us some miles this week. Short trips are killing us financially!!
See you out here my friend!

Kristi

Active Expediter
Thanks preacher... We usually do good out of here too. Hopefully they can get us some miles this week. Short trips are killing us financially!!
See you out here my friend!

We're right there with y'all. Those short trips just kill us. I personally would rather wait an extra day for a longer run than bite at the first thing they through at us. The only time I don't mind the shorter runs is when they have a load already booked for after we drop.

twentyhigh

Seasoned Expediter
I hope it is an easy fix too! Will have to miss a day of work to be here for the repairman. Hopefully it can be fixed tomorrow! Hey- if you a chance, go eat at Cafe Rioux(downtown). It is wonderful cajun food. Edpecially the bread pudding. Of course, it has so much rum in it, it always knocks me out! Kinda like the passion colada I had last night. Hmmm, I think I'll have another!!!!!

donaddemt

Seasoned Expediter
Making an emergency trip back to Griffin. Anna's aunt was moved to hospice today and I am trying to get her home in time to say goodbye. Will keep posting as I can!

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
I can only imagine how hot its gonna be in Laredo in the summer. We were just there Friday and it was getting unncomfortable in the truck.

We were in Phoenix for 3 days, got our walks in before 11 am and after 6 pm. Parked under a Mesquite tree with a southerly breeze. Doors open, drank lots of ice water, shorts, tees, my hair up off my neck...yep, it was hot (96-99), but we were not too uncomfortable. I think half the battle was knowing it would be so. Got me a dandy spider bite, too. Don't know what kind, didn't feel it happen. We've been in 105 humid Florida and 0 dry North Dakota...but whatchya gonna do? Roll with it. Helpful hint: remove all metal jewelry in extreme temps. It only transmits the heat/cold. More than you realize.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

BeecherKen

Active Expediter
Got me a dandy spider bite, too. Don't know what kind, didn't feel it happen.

I saw the picture. Owch! Hope it wasnt one of them reclusive spiders. You guys got nice starts on your tans tho.

Helpful hint: remove all metal jewelry in extreme temps. It only transmits the heat/cold. More than you realize.

Not everybody wears every earring they own in both ears and nose Beebsy. As much metal as you have in your head you probably have to take you piercings out at 33 degrees and 65 degrees.

Kristi

Active Expediter
We were in Phoenix for 3 days, got our walks in before 11 am and after 6 pm. Parked under a Mesquite tree with a southerly breeze. Doors open, drank lots of ice water, shorts, tees, my hair up off my neck...yep, it was hot (96-99), but we were not too uncomfortable. I think half the battle was knowing it would be so. Got me a dandy spider bite, too. Don't know what kind, didn't feel it happen. We've been in 105 humid Florida and 0 dry North Dakota...but whatchya gonna do? Roll with it. Helpful hint: remove all metal jewelry in extreme temps. It only transmits the heat/cold. More than you realize.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

Ill keep all that in mind. I don't really wear much jewerly just a stud in my lip and my wedding right. I am going to get a hair cut tho. I generally wear it up but its still getting to be a pain.

Ouchie on the spider bit. Hope its nothing to serious.

Kristi

Active Expediter
Thanks....we will be careful.
Got her here and got to see her aunt tonight. Will have to see what morning brings!

Positive thought headed y'alls way. I've had to do an emergency dh home once this year already. My dad has CHF and was in the hospital with 18 lbs of extra fluid on him.

Please keep us posted.

Safe travels