Old Scam?

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Years ago 4 maybe 5. Ordered one of those I believe Jotta computer stands (advertised here I also believe) Never my strongest points since I can loose my glasses while wearing them.

Anyway get package in mail go to install and pieces are both missing and broken hair line cracks in plastic that would soon make product useless. Contact company (30 day guarantee of replacement or refund) a few weeks later no product so another call and am informed that the product lines are down and will ship out when available. OK? Parts arrive wrong parts and still another hairline fracture in new item.

Contact again this time people are RUDE could careless. So I request my $ back. Nope aint gona do that. OK I contact Visa show all copies and they get my $ back after I return reciept of arrivial via USPS.

4/5 years later I get a letter from a collection agency representing this company stating
I failed to pay after recieving goods.

Contact a member here on EO who is much better than I at drafting a letter and sending it off to them. DO NOT CONTACT ME AGAIN.

My reason for telling ya'll this is to save reciepts and documentation when ever you return an item. This to date has seemed to do the trick.

Follow up, I believe this company does this on purpose, if they only have mfg 100 pcs and knowing that they send them out, you return it and than years laterr send a collection notice knowing good and well you do not have documentattion than ITS FREE MONEY for them. Nice cash flow if your williing to patient and pull this stunt. Some may never pay but hey its FREE MONEY so why not be disshonest and try to scam years later.

The product was nothing like what was described, I doubt it could of lasted a month let alone a year or years.

Justy FYI, and its only my opinion and my side of the story.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
My Jotto desk has been around for 6 years now it has over 500,000 miles on it. The only problem I have ever had was the handles that lock it in place I wore the teeth out on one of them. I called the people at Jotto desk and asked them how much it would cost me to replace the handles. I was told $0.00 and not only were they free but they were sending me 2 handles to replace the one. I told the guy hey its 3 ½ years old this wasn’t a warranty call. He then told me he didn’t care how long I have had the unit the parts were still free. I sure don’t have any complaint with Jotto Desk