ok NEVER SEND MONEY IN MAIL

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
As you all know my family ( brother ) in australia lost his house in the floods so i was a prime idiot & send him a $1000.00 in the mail 3 weeks ago to help him out yes i was to cheap to pay western union there big fee they wanted so i put $100.00 bills in the mail well 3 weeks later it still not there so do not ever put money in the mail .
yes i learn a value lesson out of it did i register it nope yes idiot again so it looks like all my hard work has been a wasted effort he have not got and i cannot send anymore at moment SO PLEASE DO NOT BE LIKE ME PAID WESTERN UNION OR MONEYGRAM THERE MONEY IF YOU GOT TO WIRE MONEY
PETER .. WOMBAT

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear about your situation. Another thing to look into is Paypal. I don't know what their fees or guarantees are but might be a lot less expensive than Western Union. Those guys are very expensive alright. Oh, maybe a Postal money order as an option too.

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear about your situation. Another thing to look into is Paypal. I don't know what their fees or guarantees are but might be a lot less expensive than Western Union. Those guys are very expensive alright. Oh, maybe a Postal money order as an option too.

as strange as it is money orders does not work international so i was informed well not with australia post anyhow but NEVER AGAIN WILL I BE A IDIOT SURE HOPE WHO EVER GOT HAVE FUN SPENDING IT

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
as strange as it is money orders does not work international so i was informed well not with australia post anyhow but NEVER AGAIN WILL I BE A IDIOT SURE HOPE WHO EVER GOT HAVE FUN SPENDING IT

Really lol i hope they got hit by a truck thieves deserve nothing less. Leo is right paypal doesn't have any fees i have a nook ebook and piggyback my account on my sons account so he gets the bill when i order a book so i pay him for the book using paypal. The reason to piggyback the account { i know someone is going to say just get your own account} is so that both of us can download the book pay for one and get it twice.

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
There are such things as international money orders. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up in another few weeks. I have shipped and received things to and from Australia that took 5-8 weeks to arrive.... and other times it took 3 days.

Cash in the mail is never a good idea, as others mentioned, PayPal would have been the best option here.

fired at you from my Droideka

Brisco

Expert Expediter
There are such things as international money orders. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up in another few weeks. I have shipped and received things to and from Australia that took 5-8 weeks to arrive.... and other times it took 3 days.

Same here.....

When I was living in Germany, mail would take anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks.

One Christmas, family sent me a box of gifts 3 weeks before Christmas, I received package in late January in time for my birthday.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Hope the Feds don't come a knocking, they frown on sending large amounts of cash to foreign counties. Could be they have it!

Your best bet, hire a vet! Please.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
ya, i guess i should have put international in front of mine. i didnt cause usually when you tell them its going over sea they tell you thats what you need.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't even like sending checks in the mail anymore unless I have too. Hope the money shows up.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
There are Banks in China that will not honor International money orders. I have sent cash to China by Registered mail. In Registered mail, every Post office that handles the letter\package is required to sign for it and keep it in a safe while in that P. O.'s possession.

Last edited:

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
never never BUT HE GOT IT YE HA

well there is a god in heaven glory bee he got it today just got off the phone it seems with the floods and cyclone mail is running slow but he got it & wow for $1000.00 only got $959.85 it seems first time ever the australian dollar is stronger than the greenback WOW never thought i would see that happen
but thanks to everyone for your concern i learned a value lesson out of it western union or this paypal business next time
wombat

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
That's great that he received it intact. I wouldn't have even started to worry yet though, if only 3 weeks? It takes 2 to 3 weeks to even go between Canada and the US!