ok anyone of a good place for down & out expediter

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
RE: ok anyone of a good place for down & out exped

i was wondering when the truck rolling over was going to be mentioned but i am now working for a good owner but fedex cc is making me look like a fool when i said to my owner i was a good driver bringing in the good loads ,but this is hard with the heavy discounted special accounts ,
but hey guys i am a battler one could say the aussie battler and i might be down at the moment no cash flow no loads no truck i can call my own but one day the WOMBAT will be back even bigger and you will all know the AUSSIE WOMBAT is back in the game as a owner operator i been down before like i guess most of us ,
but in the mean time the AUSSIE BATTLER will keep the those big wheels rolling
wombat

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter

i really dont know what he's doing,but in all the years ive been with fecc,ive never ever averaged just 1.20/mile.and as far as the short loads and team loads,4 short loads may pay better than 1 long one,the money per mile will be better.
yes we have some pretty low rates on the discount customers,but none will pay only $1.20 to an E unit,shoot,our fsc alone is over 35 cents per mile,and thats for all dispatched miles,so what are you hauling that only pays 85 cents per mile plus fsc?????

Roadpig

Expert Expediter

>well, if your sitting that much, you have enough time on
>your hands to maybe start checking out other companies and
>see what they have to offer..........

It's the same everywhere else. I don't understand why some of us feel that switching companies is the answer to this problem. Trust me, as someone who has tried other companies, it's just as tough at "the other guys".

wheeljam

Seasoned Expediter

I keep hearing everyone say that they are sitting. Well I drive a D unit team for FECC and we haven't been sitting for more than one day. We have even picked up loads on sundays. And before anyone asks I am in a barebones Columbia. No reefer or liftgate. Guess I am just staying in the right areas.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator

wheeljam you are a good example of an Express Truck right place right time. I wonder though is this luck of the draw or skill?

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter

What kind of skill are you referring to? Other than being in
the right place at the right time. I need to learn all I can.
thanks for your help.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator

Sorry I was being Catty!!

The skill though is in knowing your company and the freight for your particular truck. Talk to other drivers with like equipment and in the same company. Track your loads pickup and delivery. What we have found it that a reefer truck, t-val truck, express trucks, and also different size trucks from Van's to Semi's all have different area's that work best for them. So the skill is in knowledge and putting it to good use.