Ohio DOT on I-75

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Not sure if anyone has noticed this or not but the Ohio DOT has been out in full force all along I-75 from Cinci to Toledo.

They even have a mobile office trailer set up at the southbound coupe with trucks in for inspections. That coupe has been closed down for a while until today.

Heads up have everything ready to hand over.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
thanks for the info, it was all quiet middle of last week, I was up and down it 4 times, but was always at nite.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
they were loaded up at the scales at the 5 mm on I-76 today also,looked like every diesel bear in northeast Ohio was in there working.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
S/bound 75 thru Ohio has been a free ride for some time now..
I came down thru there yesterday morning bout 5am and seen trucks out back(2 or 3) but no activity or mobile office set up that I noticed..
I have seen 1 time this winter where trucks where routed in for rolling inspections with officers on each side of the vehicles looking at em but dont think scales were in use..Maybe they are getting ready to put it in use again???
I worry more about Mich then Ohio,,To me I see Ohio as pretty trucker friendly,,I think if ya get pulled over in Ohio ya pretty much screwed up by then or its just your day in the barrel and ya cant do anything bout it but hope for the best.
KY just gave me a new shiny sticker yesterday for my windshield,,,Way over due on that,, I cant believe I lasted this long without getting one..

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I70 as well. Say two Diesel Bears yesterday. One was doing an inspection in a rest area.