Retired Expediter
Like the drink only spelled different.
green-mile-coffrey.jpg

Reactions: Moot and ntimevan

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Home is where the heart is, and mine is with my bride of 44 years at our villa in south Florida, so yes, I'm home for Christmas. Between then and New Years we will have a new engine dropped into our Buick and right after the 1st the Ford Transit and I will head north. Hard to leave this weather and drive toward the Great Lakes, but since I'm a Michigan native, I enjoy a dose of snowy weather once in a while. With a little luck, I'll get diverted to Laredo, or sunny southern California. As soon as the bridge is completed, I'm accepting loads to Hawaii.

Looking forward to meeting a lot of you in person next year. May all of you and your loved ones enjoy peace, happiness, and a gift where you can say honestly for once......Wow, that's what I've always wanted!!!

Keep smiling, and MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Home for the morning loaded yesterday Indiana-Montana should be a fun trip
When do you deliver? North Dakota is expected to get whacked with heavy snow and very strong winds. I-90 to Billings would probably be the best route. Be safe!

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Left Fl on Sunday night. Went to St George sc and got a load from Sumter sc to Carrollton tx. Then on my turn and burn, got a call to do a recovery in Dallas tx to Portage in. Will drop that sometime overnight and then head to Wayne's for an oil change and a minor repair. Then home for Thursday night and be back at it some time in January.

UPDATE: Load I rescued in Dallas was from one of our Eastern European friends. Somehow he was having problems with his rear end of his sprinter. Can you say his dispatcher was putting too much weight on his van. Now in a rest area for a few hours nap and then off to Wayne's.
Left Wayne's on Thursday afternoon and got home that night. OOS since Thursday night until Jan 3rd at the earliest. For those staying out please stay safe.

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
Home for the morning loaded yesterday Indiana-Montana should be a fun trip
When do you deliver? North Dakota is expected to get whacked with heavy snow and very strong winds. I-90 to Billings would probably be the best route. Be safe!

I delivered yesterday.I went home for half the day Christmas so went up to Kansas city then up to 90 and across. Didn't go to Billings took 212 it was clear to broadus. Then it turned to crap was supposed to deliver by 3 pm wed but got pulled in for a level 1 at Broadus took an hour. But passed think it took 9 hrs to go the last 260 miles.parts of sd wasn't that great. Come back 94 was much better today.loading in MN in the morning down to WI then back to Winona to pick up and unload in Dickinson ND on the 4th. Loving landstar so far.

Reactions: Moot

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Nope didn't make it to Iowa to see my Father and Mother. Stuck in the Ohio Valley trying to get to KS city or South Dakota area or Omaha Lincoln NE area. Dad got Macular degeneration in the eyes and still nursing his 3rd degree burns for them fire back in 2013 and was in the burn center in Lincoln Ne for 8 months last fall he was diagnosed with cancer and been having treatments. Tried like heck to get there for Christmas Tried for New Years.
Hell bent to do it and push but no dice. Just got off the coast and in the Valley last Thur. Co Driver went home Dec 17th.