October Locations

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
Where do you guys park in Chattanooga? I went to the Pilot at like 5 and the 14 parking spots were all occupied. I felt like I was in the Bermuda triangle, there were 3 other truck stops, all 40 miles away, one towards Nashville, another towards Atlanta and the third towards Knoxville.

I hung out at a Walmart while traffic died down but I didn't feel like getting woken up at 2 am when I'm finally getting some good sleep to move, so I asked dispatch where they want me to move and I came towards Knoxville to find the Love's TS full but luckily there was a rickity parking lot across the road.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Where do you guys park in Chattanooga? I went to the Pilot at like 5 and the 14 parking spots were all occupied. I felt like I was in the Bermuda triangle, there were 3 other truck stops, all 40 miles away, one towards Nashville, another towards Atlanta and the third towards Knoxville.

I hung out at a Walmart while traffic died down but I didn't feel like getting woken up at 2 am when I'm finally getting some good sleep to move, so I asked dispatch where they want me to move and I came towards Knoxville to find the Love's TS full but luckily there was a rickity parking lot across the road.

I would always drop into GA since there are 3 Pilots and one called Cochran's Travel Center.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter

Sounds like you were in Wildwood. I know there is very small Pilot there. Sounds like it's too late now but there's an old mom and pop truck stop very close to that pilot. I found it by accident one day after delivering west of there. I think you take the same exit and just drive past the Pilot. The gps shows that road T's into another road. The old TS may be left or right on that next road. Sorry, I've slept since then...lol.

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
Sounds like you were in Wildwood. I know there is very small Pilot there. Sounds like it's too late now but there's an old mom and pop truck stop very close to that pilot. I found it by accident one day after delivering west of there. I think you take the same exit and just drive past the Pilot. The gps shows that road T's into another road. The old TS may be left or right on that next road. Sorry, I've slept since then...lol.

It was wildwood and I went looking for a mom and pop place except it was in the wrong direction. I felt bad interupting kids bike rides.

no big deal though, something always works out for me.

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Headed east on I-94 in eastern North Dakota. Windy. One thing I have learned so far: I don't like the wind. High wind warning here today, sustained winds of 40 MPH, with gusts to 60. Will probably stop in Fargo at the Petro and wait till they die down tonight. Headed to Minneapolis for our layover.

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Made it to Fargo. Waiting for a load. Wind was nasty, and it is supposed to only get stronger this afternoon.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Delivered near Nashville. Pick up in about an hour in Portland, TN. Heading for Erie, PA. Good week.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
It wasn't bad at the shop, they used a computer to check the oil pressure which was at 3% but then looked at the parts rather than just assuming it was the pump. It turned out there was a metal screen that failed on the regulator which then broke the plastic cover on it. The pieces of plastic jammed up the regulator which shut down the injectors. The mechanic was able to get the pieces out and had a screen to replace the damaged one so they charged me $70/hr for 3 and half hours of labor. I decided to spring for a synthetic oil change since it was much cheaper than I thought and it will let me stay out longer. The guys at the shop were great and I will try and stop there to get some work done and take a little time off to see some more of the area. I even got to stop at Kazoopy's Pizza for lunch based on asjssl's recommendation.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Paul,
Good to see that you are back in business without a lot of money spent.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
It wasn't bad at the shop, they used a computer to check the oil pressure which was at 3% but then looked at the parts rather than just assuming it was the pump. It turned out there was a metal screen that failed on the regulator which then broke the plastic cover on it. The pieces of plastic jammed up the regulator which shut down the injectors. The mechanic was able to get the pieces out and had a screen to replace the damaged one so they charged me $70/hr for 3 and half hours of labor. I decided to spring for a synthetic oil change since it was much cheaper than I thought and it will let me stay out longer. The guys at the shop were great and I will try and stop there to get some work done and take a little time off to see some more of the area. I even got to stop at Kazoopy's Pizza for lunch based on asjssl's recommendation.

Good pizza....not a lot of choices in Mattawan..u get a load out of there??

Last edited:

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
Paul, glad to see the van is fixed up. One thing to remember, once you go to synthetic its bad to go back to regular old dyno oil.

Monty

Expert Expediter
After a weak week, (get it? :D ), which I sorta brought on myself by not being in service until Wed .. I am in Oak Creek at the Pilot.

Thought about going home, but since we are taking the rv to Virginia next Saturday for 10 days, I guess I better try for a weekend load from here ....

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Paul, glad to see the van is fixed up. One thing to remember, once you go to synthetic its bad to go back to regular old dyno oil.

I plan to just keep running synthetic, I was wanting to switch before because I think it is better for what we do and to protect the turbo. They used Schaeffers which when I researched it online seems to be one of the best oils around.

http://www.schaefferoil.com/

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I plan to just keep running synthetic, I was wanting to switch before because I think it is better for what we do and to protect the turbo. They used Schaeffers which when I researched it online seems to be one of the best oils around.

Schaeffer Oil | Synthetic Motor Oils, Engine Oils, Diesel Fuel Additives, Industrial Lubricants Manufacturer

A caller on Kevin Rutherford's sirius radio show reported very good results with that oil. I think the guy had switched from a different synthetic to the Schaeffer's and was getting noticebly better mileage with the Schaeffer's. This was with a t/t of course. I've noticed though that it seems like what helps a t/t sometimes helps a van even more. Air Tabs have a barely measurable effect on a t/t, but vanners claim some impressive mpg gains.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
A caller on Kevin Rutherford's sirius radio show reported very good results with that oil. I think the guy had switched from a different synthetic to the Schaeffer's and was getting noticebly better mileage with the Schaeffer's. This was with a t/t of course. I've noticed though that it seems like what helps a t/t sometimes helps a van even more. Air Tabs have a barely measurable effect on a t/t, but vanners claim some impressive mpg gains.

There is a video on YouTube where they show the internal parts of an engine out of an Econoline with 497k miles and it was very clean. One of the company's claims is better fuel mileage and lower temperatures, I'll run it and see what the numbers look like.

moose

Veteran Expediter
After a weak week, (get it? :D ), which I sorta brought on myself by not being in service until Wed .. I am in Oak Creek at the Pilot.

Thought about going home, but since we are taking the rv to Virginia next Saturday for 10 days, I guess I better try for a weekend load from here ....

WoW, an expediter that use an RV for going Rv'ing, and not his work RV...
that's like...deep ...