October Locations And Other Chit Chat

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Liam neeson is out to find Ken's black list of fishing holes. Ken, do you put a golden star on your Wal-Mart map for the ones that have the most loose change in the parking lot? lol
Truck-Finds-a-Penny.jpg

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Good Morning gang and dear! Cold, windy and rainy out here...love hugging my pillow and pulling up the quilt on a morning like this!

Reactions: vandriver2

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Met a fleet owner who offered me a job driving a yellow box truck lol. There was a sleeper and 14 ft of cargo space left. 35 cents per mile all miles paid even empty moves and dead head to pick up. No log books no weight stations. Maximum payload they take 5500 but usually it avgs 2500lb range. He claimed that I should avg no less than 2500 miles a week.

What do you guys think?

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Met a fleet owner who offered me a job driving a yellow box truck lol. There was a sleeper and 14 ft of cargo space left. 35 cents per mile all miles paid even empty moves and dead head to pick up. No log books no weight stations. Maximum payload they take 5500 but usually it avgs 2500lb range. He claimed that I should avg no less than 2500 miles a week.

What do you guys think?
5500 maximum payload and no logs??? I cannot write what I think without getting banned for swearing...

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

What do you guys think?
Have the Fleet Owner show you an empty Scale Ticket and ask for the GVW.
So...the 2500 miles per week I'm assuming he's meaning those are the Loaded Miles @ .35 cpm that'd be $875. Lets's say you DH an average of 100 miles per day, 7 days per week, so that another 700 miles @ .35cpm...that'd add another $245.
$1120 per week on a GOOD Week, and does the Owner cover ALL Fuel, Tolls and Maintenance?

Last edited:

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hoping Drivers are not down in the SC, NC, WV area today...and if you are, hope you stay safe and no hydro planing.
Those poor Residents!

Last edited:

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

What do you guys think?
Probably need to call the last driver and ask him why he left. :eek:

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

What do you guys think?
Was his name Boris or Sergi and did he have a distinct accent.