October Locations And Other Chit Chat

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bad accident NB I75...2 Commercial Vehicles one was a Box Truck...no Carrier Name visible on it. Guilty Driver was Cited for 'Following too Closely'. Taking 582 to 25 and then 475 NB....NOT SB, as you'll just make a big loop like I just did.

Last edited:

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
A few years ago (with Bolt) I was awarded a load to Detroit from Laredo on a Thursday night for Friday am pickup at the Bolt dock .....:(.... short version... I was loaded Monday morning....yep 3 1/2 days later... yep i don't miss Laredo a bit ....
Still here 24 later. Last word was that freight is at the border but broker has not sent paperwork. Your thoughts about Laredo loads seem correct!

Reactions: ntimevan

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Difficult load pick ups sure isn't exclusive to laredo. I've had issues in many places. Just the other day it was the st louis area, loaded 10 hours late. I've had easy pick ups on the border and slow ones it's no different than anywhere else

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anyone sitting in Milwaukee this weekend? I'm heading over to the Blue Beacon for a wash and would like to stop and say hi to anybody sitting by Ryan Rd.

Reactions: ntimevan

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
Dang it almost afternoon....
had a couple of nibbles BUT holy crap! there are a TON of vans down here! almost didn't find a parking spot! Thought about going 9 miles back up 35 to the rest area...great and quiet there!....now over at the HEB lot shopping complex with even more vans here! I may have to go hit Houston area....that has been good for me at CRE....and not all that far with fuel being so cheap...
Hey Ken,
Could you do us a favor (or your wife).
Friends of ours child, his name is Alex. He's in elementary school and a class project is to get postcards from every state. Could you help us out with a SD and or ND? I'll forward his mailing address if you can help.
Thanks,
Mike

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey Ken,
Friends of ours child, his name is Alex. He's in elementary school and a class project is to get postcards from every state. Could you help us out with a SD and or ND? I'll forward his mailing address if you can help.
Thanks,
Mike
Sure thing just Pm me where to send!!

Reactions: hazmat

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Hey Ken,
Thanks,
Mike

Need one from TN? Let me know.

Reactions: fifaref2 and hazmat

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dispatcher: You are running late....Reason?
Driver: Cattle drive ahead!
Dispatcher: yeah right....

12079189_1125253860836308_349145318037586022_n.jpg