Obama Speaks, Markets listen

Camper

Not a Member
Down 524 points and counting..Talk about a confidence inspiring speech..:rolleyes:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44058141

Stocks accelerated their selloff in heavy volume Monday as investors fled from risky assets following S&P's downgrade of U.S.'s credit rating last week in addition to ongoing uncertainty over the euro zone crisis.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Fled risky investments?

Well I hope so. BUT who is buying up all these treasuries at .008%?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
This is the time to invest, if I had some cash I would be dumping it all into the stock market.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Reading some of the articles to-day....they say this is an overreaction and now most stocks are undervalued...the consensus is either hold or buy....

existenz

Active Expediter
I don't have much, and I'm only using a mutual fund, but I'm still putting more into it now than I had planned to at this point in the year.
I'm hoping it drops another $1 or $2 from what it is now. (My fund)
Although....that would require even more negative responses from the economy..

fortwayne

Not a Member
I don't react with emotion. I have no emotion, no heart when it comes to stocks.
Research research research is what your told.
But, knowing how to research quickly is the key.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Just think of the market as a huge fire sale. The RED LIGHT SPECIAL is now on. Time to buy.

Camper

Not a Member
The time to buy will be when nobody is saying it is. Wall Street isn't done shaking out the Main Street Investors.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Maybe CHINA.:D

I wouldn't do that if I were you. China is the next to fall. They won't have anyone to buy their junk if Europe and we fail. They're building ghost cities in the middle of nowhere, in hopes they can create consumers out of their own population. It's not going to work. They're too invested in us, and we in them. We fall, they fall.

Put your money in Australia. They're going thru a boom right now. They had TRUE conservative leadership for the last several years, even tho they just voted them out. It'll be awhile before the libs screw that country up.

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
I wouldn't do that if I were you. China is the next to fall. They won't have anyone to buy their junk if Europe and we fail. They're building ghost cities in the middle of nowhere, in hopes they can create consumers out of their own population. It's not going to work. They're too invested in us, and we in them. We fall, they fall.

Put your money in Australia. They're going thru a boom right now. They had TRUE conservative leadership for the last several years, even tho they just voted them out. It'll be awhile before the libs screw that country up.

Nope putting my money in gold.and not the gold in some bank/government vault,but the gold people are selling.above 1700 bucks an ounce last week is was just above 1600.I know some on here think gold wont be worth much in the long run. However Gold is the one thing every country in the world looks at as having value.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"We've always been and always will be a triple-A country." - President Obama

Unfortunately, triple-A always has been and always will be in the Minor Leagues. <snort>

greg334

Veteran Expediter
"We've always been and always will be a triple-A country." - President Obama

Unfortunately we have had this rating system for under 50 years so his statement is kinda of false.

Beside S&P is still p*ssed off about the Credit Rating Agency Reform Act.