Now THIS is bad times....

Turbod_86_stang

Expert Expediter
If anyone has had an experience like this, plz share... I picked up a load from around Toledo, OH going to Joliet, IL. Pickup was at 5pm and dropoff was at 7am. No big deal.. all the time in the world to get there, i had 14 hrs to drive a 4 hr trip. So i decide to go home and get 4 hrs of sleep in my own bed. I wake up with a cramping in my stomach. Went on down the road. As i drove i realized something wasn't right.. in a very bad way. Yup i got my first round with the stomach flu. And we all know what comes with the stomach flu. Needless to say it was the longest trip of my life. Quick sudden pullovers and stopping at every rest area.. I am home now and somewhat rested but i felt like the day would NEVER end...x(

raceman

Veteran Expediter
Get a bottle of Imodium. Double the dose and within about an hour you are locked up and good to go. That run you did is in fact a tough one in terms of places to stop. Glad you made it and now you know how to develop bunz of steel. :)raceman

gambler

Expert Expediter
> Get a bottle of Imodium. Double the dose and within about
>an hour you are locked up and good to go. That run you did
>is in fact a tough one in terms of places to stop. Glad you
>made it and now you know how to develop bunz of steel.
>:)raceman

exactly!!!!;)

finney

Expert Expediter
That guy's right about Immodium. A cheap plastic bathroom size wastebasket works out well for something to throw up in while driving, too; they've got a really large opening so you can just hold it up to your face and throw up without having to take your eyes off the road. Ain't nothin' like them cold sweats in a truck. :)

ATeam

Retired Expediter
LOL! That's one thing about the EO forums, you'll get the whole truth about expediting....and sometimes more truth than you want.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
It is amazing how a seemingly innocent sidetrip from the required
beaten path can end up in disaster. I encourage my folks to get to the delivery and then rest, or, whatever. In your case being at the delivery wouldn't have lessened your affliction, but, at least you wouldn't have had to (drive) ill.

X1_SRH

Expert Expediter
Immodium is excellent stuff to help you get down the road in less than ideal physical condition. I would also recommend day-quil for flu and stuff like that. It won't heal you but it will keep you in the game for another few hundred miles.

This post really made me think..... After enough years on the road we will eventually have done practically EVERYTHING in our trucks, whether we wanted to or not!! Be safe - X

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
About 2 years ago my wife and I came down with a bad case of food poisioning that we think originated in a place near Seatle WA. Too make a long story short we wound up in a motel in Cedar City Utah for 3 days. Could not hold anything down. I told the Motel Manager about our problems and asked if they could recommend a Doctor that was close by. He said"just go back to your room and I will let you know".
About 15 minutes later there was a knock on the door and there was a physician there. He checked us both out,ordered some powerfull anti nauseous stuff from a Drug Store and would not accept payment. The drug Store delivered the medicine and would not accept payment. The next day we were much better and when I went to check out the Comfort Inn would not accept payment. The manager said 'The Mormon religion does not charge to assist travelers in need". Good folks those Mormons so I got the address of their local temple and sent a check for $100 with a short note thanking them for their assistance.:) :)

X1_SRH

Expert Expediter
Rich - that was not just the right thing to do, that was the CLASSY thing to do. Thanks for making all of us look just a little bit better. That was awesome. - X