Not Happy like many of You

Deville

Not a Member
OH Yes they can and DO.

Ignore the orientation feel good group hug crap and get someone who will tell you how they feel about acceptance rate. It hasn't changed.

It's not somthing i've ever worried about. it's come up twice in 8 years & twice I quashed it.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You hit the nail right on the head Dave.
You're kidding, right?

MayfieldExp

reputation_pos.gif
No "Hi, I'm new here," no "This is my new screen name," no nothing, just come in, create a new screen name, and act like it's routine. Awesome. :rolleyes:

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
You're kidding, right?

No "Hi, I'm new here," no "This is my new screen name," no nothing, just come in, create a new screen name, and act like it's routine. Awesome. :rolleyes:

No Turtle that is my business screen name. I thought you could see that by the name.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No, I could see through it easy enough. But with the problem we've been having here with people using multiple names as it is, and since the rules are no multiple screen names, I'm just sayin'.

"One person can register only one username. Only one username is allowed per IP address."

If you create and use another username, as your own, that's a pretty clear-cut violation of #1 on the Hit Parade.

Using a second screen name, for whatever reason, gives 100% legitimacy to those who want to use multiple screen names for their own reasons. And all it takes is for them to think it's OK for it to be OK. I could create one for my "business" name, and then one for my "pіѕѕ people off" name, and then one for my "agree with everything Turtle posts" name, and then.... well, you get the idea.

Like I said, awesome. :rolleyes:

Twizted1

Seasoned Expediter
The thing is, if you start turning those down from the very beginning, you get no sympathy from Dispatch. On the other hand, if you take a couple or three of those, and then when the next one comes in you tell dispatch, "These shorts loads are all I've been running, and I need a longer one," and then turn it down, they will usually realize you are trying to help, particularly if you let them know that you understand all they can do is book what comes in and they can't manufacture loads for you. They will either try and find you a longer one or pony up some extra money for the short ones. It's all in how you handle it.

(Im sorry but sounds like a employee realtionship there)
LMAO sounds like my old job if you dont come in on saturday dont show up on monday!!!!

Because the customer could care less how many miles the driver gets, and the carrier is in business to service the customer.

(even more of a reason for a rule to protect the contractors!!!!)

Really need a rule for this very easily could happen in california or texas

No disrespect turtle not trying to give u shiz just the way its setup

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No disrespect taken. Mainly because I can't figure out what you are talking about.

bdmj989900

Seasoned Expediter
In the 2 1/2 year i have been with the cat i have never taken a load that didn't make me money. And i have taken my fair share of short loads. I have even taken those loads to bad areas that i should of turned down. But got greedy because they payed good. And got lucky and got a load out. I know it dosen't happen very often to get a load out of a bad area but sometimes it does. I would have to say that Turtle explained it all very well. Unless i missed something while i was reading (which happens alot) You can turn down all of the reduced rate loads without it hurting your percentage. And dispatch will count it against you if your not watching them. I have talked to several st drives that drive for owners that told me they are supposed to turn down all loads under 500 miles. Well when the 67% went into effect they were all in trouble. Just take the short loads and the long loads. Without one you won't have the other. Its all about servicing the customer right. Without them none of us have work. Ok just my 2 cents.

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I might of missed this in one of the post but there is a big differance between vans and regulated trucks such as me .I am in a straight truck and if I take a load lets say 150 miler. this starts my clock and if I do not get another load then I am done for the day and I have made about 200 to 225 dollars of revenue for the day.thats half of my goal for the day. I will not start my clock for loads like that...seems like when you take a short load they never back it up with another short run. I have begged them for a mini after running a 200 mile load.if I was in a van it would be easy to maintain a 90 percent or higher ratings with out having to worry about hours of service..

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
No, I could see through it easy enough. But with the problem we've been having here with people using multiple names as it is, and since the rules are no multiple screen names, I'm just sayin'.

"One person can register only one username. Only one username is allowed per IP address."

If you create and use another username, as your own, that's a pretty clear-cut violation of #1 on the Hit Parade.

Using a second screen name, for whatever reason, gives 100% legitimacy to those who want to use multiple screen names for their own reasons. And all it takes is for them to think it's OK for it to be OK. I could create one for my "business" name, and then one for my "pіѕѕ people off" name, and then one for my "agree with everything Turtle posts" name, and then.... well, you get the idea.

Like I said, awesome. :rolleyes:

I was setting that one up for our office manger Pam to use. I will use my own always, Pam is my sister-n-law. If you ever stop in our office in Rittman, Ohio you will meet Pam. Steve has met Pam and thought she was funny.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
In the 2 1/2 year i have been with the cat i have never taken a load that didn't make me money. And i have taken my fair share of short loads. I have even taken those loads to bad areas that i should of turned down. But got greedy because they payed good. And got lucky and got a load out. I know it dosen't happen very often to get a load out of a bad area but sometimes it does. I would have to say that Turtle explained it all very well. Unless i missed something while i was reading (which happens alot) You can turn down all of the reduced rate loads without it hurting your percentage. And dispatch will count it against you if your not watching them. I have talked to several st drives that drive for owners that told me they are supposed to turn down all loads under 500 miles. Well when the 67% went into effect they were all in trouble. Just take the short loads and the long loads. Without one you won't have the other. Its all about servicing the customer right. Without them none of us have work. Ok just my 2 cents.

My Gawd..someone who thinks about customer service...:eek:

And that we are too...they are our customers maybe even more so then our carriers...we can't all sit back and take the juicy ones...
Went to a shipper twice in the same week..second time he said "oh you are back..I didn't call your company"
To which I said.."Well apparently your business is not good enough for them and they brokered it to us"
Bottom line....he calls us directly now...
One customer down for the other carrier one more for me...:D

greg334

Veteran Expediter
BUT OVM, here is what's wrong with that concept;

the only customer you have is the carrier.

I mean if you had more involvement with the customer, then yea you can consider it a customer of yours too.

But because you are restricted to the accept or decline the offer, you are not servicing the customer but the carrier.

Give you an example.

Your at a shippers, the load is not what the "dispatcher" said it was. Instead of one skid, there is three skids and instead of it being 300 lbs, it is 2500 lbs. Oh and it is all hand load, not pallet break down but hand load with a pallet jack.

Of course you can take it on your truck, but you will not at the price you are given because you need to be compensated for the use of the pallet jack, the extra two pallets and the 2200 lbs of extra weight.

Now who's customer is it?

If it is your customer per se, you can tell the shipping manager "hey this will cost you an extra $125 for the extra pallets and the hand load thing" and then tell the carrier that this is what you told the shipping manager so they can charge him.

But it isn't your customer, and you are not independent enough to do that.

Instead you will call the dispatcher, that will go through the process of determining if you get anything extra or eat the loss using your equipment or go back to the truck stop and wait for another offer.

Because of this, your customer is the carrier, they are the one's who approve or deny the charges to the customer. They negotiate the offer, not you.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
ok We service the carriers customer and we represent the carrier when we appear on the dock...if we the driver insults the customer not only the carrier loses money so do we as an extension of that action...it is all connected.
A lost customer right now is not a good thing....

we too to a certain extent have to satisfy this customer.
We as a business owner have a responsibility to this...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
But then OVM there is the need to have "dispatcher" to explain that this is an actual customer or a customer off a load board.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
where is the driver council when we need them!!

When is everyone going to figure out that these "driver councils" are NOT for the driver.

They are in fact for the company,so that the company can have that warm fuzzy feeling that they are doing something for the unwashed masses,when in fact they are not.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
When is everyone going to figure out that these "driver councils" are NOT for the driver.

They are in fact for the company,so that the company can have that warm fuzzy feeling that they are doing something for the unwashed masses,when in fact they are not.

What are we twins? I just said almost the very same thing to our Driver Support person to-day when I was in the office...

She apologized about how long it was taking to set one up...I told her to forget it...most of us out here know it is more of a company thing.. like "look what we do for you" and they get the warm and fuzzies...They'll sit around a table and management will listen, doodle on a pad and it'll be..."we'll look into it" or "we are working on it" I said she just has to keep the lines of communication open more and spend time listening to drivers vent and whatever...like you know a two way flow...I said her job title was Driver Support...NOT Management Support....:D

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
U said U been here 7 years.. Well longer than I have been out here. Expedite is what I have been doing.
If I knew I could make a 1000 a week every week Id switch to a regular company as I like to run not This Crap of siten.
But I here allot of Company Driviers Complain they dont get the miles

I can tell you this outta all the Co Drivers I have had, I know of only 3 that can stay in the seat and outa the 3 only 1 other that I can say is a constant. could take it and Hang . Didn't have to stop eat all the time was read to rock go go go
Vespa Gohalas

That being said I need to run like that all the time a constant. not sit 4 days and Get Lied to about loads.

It Happens all the time oh the select few they move. But I look at them and I'm Smiling There is a bigger House Cleaning coming. They just wont admit to it.

Weather I'm at Expedite or some where Else

I here US Express Lease Operators are making pretty good money and they are Moving Moving Moving.

The-Teams are making the Money and are Moving Moving Moving. Ya Vespa said he make more now then when he drove for Expedite.

Expedite is what it is. sometimes its good sometimes its not good.

Sometimes you just want to cut liars tongues out.
Get my drift.

Nice ride Wheres the Generator

Now get off the Fence.

Lets Ride

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Why? Do we be miserable to one and not the other?;)

No that's not why.

Here is the deal.

I take a load from an agent who has a customer. I get there and it is the same scenario as I posted, instead of one skid, there is three skids and instead of it being 300 lbs, it is 2500 lbs. Oh and it is all hand load, not pallet break down but hand load with a pallet jack.

So because this is a customer of the agents, he/she can go back to the customer and explain the problem then recalculate the cost.

Got it?

So I accept an agent's offer and the same scenario but now I have a bit of a problem. They bid on the load, got the load because out of 10 bids he/she was the lowest and I may get the omnipresent dispatcher statement "I will cover you on the next load" and get to hear how this will help the company out, yada yada yada trying to talk me into taking it as I agreed to it.

The second situation may not happen a lot but it does.

That's the difference.