Nor cold refrigerators

bludragon13

Seasoned Expediter
Had our Norcold fridge quit cooling though the thing was running,so we got home made an appt. to see a dealer about the problem.Well my son came out got to looking at it said I'm gonna pull this in line breaker which he did before I could stop him(he fixed two riding mowers for me, now I have a push type:) ) well got to the dealer he said this is working fine ,told him what the boy had done and he said yup reset it--well a few weeks ago in Milton ont. a driver parked next to us with a new hino / 96in bentz sleeper said his fridge wasn't working told him my story,we looked norcold he pulled it out and pulled the breaker ,hour later came over said "it's making ice,my owner was sending me to the dealer to fix and has an other with same problem-happy not to have a service call". So if you have this type of fridge thats running but not cooling you might give it a try.He did try pulling the fuse for the fridge and that didn't work had to pull the in line circut breaker. also most have reset button on back but you need to pull fridge all the way out,the breaker is located on top so only need to pull out a couple inches to get at it.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Dave, good info for the refridge needers. Welcome home from your asia trip!

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Dave,thanks for the great tip.Our fridge had the same symtoms (running but not cooling)So for the last 2 months we have been using a cooler until we could get it fixed or replaced.I am happy to say that it appears to be working O.K. now and we will be putting it back in the truck today.

BTW,I was in 'nam from '70-'71. I think I remember seeing you,weren't you wearing a green uniform?:7 DD.