Nogalis, AZ; Is There Any Freight Outta There

DieselDriver

Seasoned Expediter
Been stuck in, Nogalis for 4 days, I know it don't sound like much but to deadhead somewhere else is a lot of miles...such as El Paso. Question is, is there any freight here...sure don't look like Laredo.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been stuck in, Nogalis for 4 days, I know it don't sound like much but to deadhead somewhere else is a lot of miles...such as El Paso. Question is, is there any freight here...sure don't look like Laredo.

Four days eh? Saturdays and Sundays don't really count Mondays are typically a slow day...

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Lots of freight moves out of Nogales, it goes into Mexico.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
there is a rule of thumb in here,,,,never go past El Paso,,,best rule of thumb, never go past Dallas, but ,but and but,,,no one listens much in here...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I've gotten loaded out of there several times ... YMMV, depending on who you are leased on with ...

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Been loaded 2 out of 3 x there...always out of El Paso.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Forget the distance, just go to EP. In Nogales it's kinda gambling... it might be hours, it might take days til they get you something.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EO Forums mobile app

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Can you haul produce, one of the largest Tomato importers in the US is in Nogales, when I was there many years ago it was a safe place, today not so much, I think I would be parking next to the cop shop or Customs....there used to be an awesome place to eat some of the best Mexicn food on the planet called PETES....It was in an adobe building that was a trading post back in the Indian wars days of 1800, it had hand hewn wood tables and benches, and burritos that were HUGE....We worked down there on the tomato barons house and warehouses back in the 80s....it was a peaceful place back then, not so sure of that now.

ExFedEx

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator

I've never gotten anything out of Nogales, but then again I've never stuck around. I would head up to Tucson, that will put you closer to Phoenix in case something comes out of either one of the two, and if nothing, then you can head east to El Paso. Good luck!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Forget the distance, just go to EP. In Nogales it's kinda gambling... it might be hours, it might take days til they get you something.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EO Forums mobile app

imagine that...who woulda thunk...waiting hours for a load....even a day for a load...tsk, tsk, tsk.....:rolleyes:

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
I've never been stuck in nogales. Of course only been there 4 times, but only spent 1 night there.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Same here, just one night. I think the longest I've been there before getting a load out was 36 hours. It's true that not nearly as much freight comes out of there as Laredo or El Paso, since the vast majority of stuff coming across that border entry is fruits and vegetables. But there is expedited freight, and not nearly as many expediters there to haul it, so it's a wash, same as anywhere else.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
yep....like 3 times there and out within 48 hrs...not much freight but then again you are the only one there....it is all relative...
THINK...if A customer sees no one is in Nogales they will get Pedro via Mexico to take it over to El Paso....you are kind of shooting yourself in the foot...