No Park-N-View Is a BUMMER!

WendyCal

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Howdy everyone! Sorry i haven't been online much lately -- no Park-N-View has put a major crimp in my online style!

We were sitting in LA, at the TA in Ontario, and we got hit by a big rig on his way OUT of a parking spot! Not much damage, and no blood, so i guess we're going to have to keep WORKING, for now! ;-) Hey, there's always the TA across the street... LOL

We saw someone hooked up to the home plate, and Kev walked over to ask what the deal was. It would appear that we CAN access local TV and make local phone calls! Too bad we didn't bring the connectors -- you know, the one's that are different from any other phone connector in the world, and which we can no longer buy at the truckstop. :-( Anyway, if those of you who DID take the connectors with you would try out the various truckstops and let us know which one's are still functioning, it'd be much appreciated!

Godspeed to all of you out there on the highways and byways!

WendyCal

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
ROFL!!! Nope, in fact, we can't remember seeing ANY Simon's there -- perhaps Simon isn't allowing their drivers to park at truckstops with inadequate space...

WendyCal

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Feb-07-01 AT 10:42AM (EDT)[/font][p]Come to think of it, Simon may not be letting their drivers park ANYWHERE, after that little "parking incident" at the CA Capitol building... ;-)

(Edited to include quotes around parking incident.)

treeman

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Must be an epidemic!! I got ran into by a big truck pulling into a parking space at Madco near Dearborn!! This might make a case for sleeping with the marker lights on. I don't know for sure if it would have helped, but being more visible can't hurt! With PNV gone I've been seriously considering a satellite dish,if they don't have it now,it probably won't be too long before you can go inline with one of them.

Jack Dixon

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi all I just read last night the new Park N View will be up and running by the end of the month. It is being reported by Roadstar. If interested go to www.truckinginfo.com and look for article dated 2/15. The new looks pretty good. Now if we can say the same for expediting. I have been on my annual 2 month vacation here in Calif and will be headin back east in Mar. Good luck eveyone

LittleBigTruck

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If you're seriously interested in a satellite, contact me. i have a crank up satellite dish and box that I'd be willing to sell.