Nissan NV3500

Rocketricky

Active Expediter
I've been reading all the post on the 3500nv. I bought one a month ago. My main reason was, price vs sprinter, from what I've been able to research they are some what compairable to the payload of a sprinter. Yes the console can be removed. only 4 bolts. You can order it without the mat in the back. other wise they will put it in and it's 120.00. And because of not being able to get the pigment for the different colors is why your only seeing blue, white, maybe silver. and I think someone said a hint of burgandy. Since I haven't had mine on the open road yet I'm getting 14 mpg. I was able to get the only red high top that I'm aware of. fully loaded 34,080. also it has a towing cap at 9500 if you wanted or needed it. also the center console acts as a filing cabinet and laptop storage. if you get the tow package it comes with 2 400w inverters 1 in the console and 1 at the rear door.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've been reading all the post on the 3500nv. I bought one a month ago. My main reason was, price vs sprinter, from what I've been able to research they are some what compairable to the payload of a sprinter. Yes the console can be removed. only 4 bolts. You can order it without the mat in the back. other wise they will put it in and it's 120.00. And because of not being able to get the pigment for the different colors is why your only seeing blue, white, maybe silver. and I think someone said a hint of burgandy. Since I haven't had mine on the open road yet I'm getting 14 mpg. I was able to get the only red high top that I'm aware of. fully loaded 34,080. also it has a towing cap at 9500 if you wanted or needed it. also the center console acts as a filing cabinet and laptop storage. if you get the tow package it comes with 2 400w inverters 1 in the console and 1 at the rear door.

Sorry...But 14 mpg is unacceptable in this business....IMO of course...

ballop

Active Expediter
I do like the 22 mpg on the sprinter better. However this route averages a whopping total 15 miles per day. SO not a big deal. We deliver office supplies so there are 30-40 stops but all at one college campus very nearby. Freely moving around the back is very important, but that size costs alot and the other problem is that any size beyond a smart car is tough to park on an urban college campus.

The sprinter salesmen brought by a 3500 144 today which we really like. The sticker says cargo partition provision - that is only the bolt holes i guess cause this had no cargo panel. He said it was an additional $1,500. Shelving he said would be about another 3 grand. He wanted 40 for the 144 sprinter and the 170 is about 42.

Comparing with the shelving which is free thru june 30 on the NV i am still comparing 31,800 to about 44,000.

Yes i have verified the oil changes every 3750 miles are free on commercial.

I want to make a decision within 48 hours, might go back to Nissan with my driver at end of day. Gonna buy the right thing. If he needs the 170 there is no question - its a sprinter.

Rocketricky

Active Expediter
Yes that is city driving. I'm taking it on a longer trip in July. I'll let everyone know if it gets better after that. everyone will have a like or dislike about this vehicle. I myself so far likes the way it handles. the V8 has plenty of power....By the way one thing I forgot to mention the D rings that are bolted to the floor have a 1100 lb cap each there is 6 of them. not trying to sell anyone on the NV just giving some details. also the vehicle only has 1500 miles on it so far. not really enough miles to see if it's going to get better. if anyone wants more info that I haven't provided. pls feel free to pm me. P.S. Rocketricky is in name only.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
As I said, for local runs, i don't think the NV would be a bad van...as long as it meets your capacity needs...1100 ld holding strength of the "D" ring....I wouldn't use them...install e-track if you are going to use it for expediting....

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well the transit would be a great van if they put the diesel in it, the gas is the only thing that is talked about at this point.

As for the Nissan, Landstar has one in their fleet, and I thought I saw another one for the Fed the other day but it went by too fast.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, at 32k with shelving and oil changes vs 45k with shelving plus oil changes the extra 14k will buy an awful lot of gasoline. If it's about 15 miles a day, even if you had to make two trips in the NV vs one in the Sprinter that's 150 miles a week vs 75 miles a week. Ten gallons for the NV vs five for the Sprinter so it would take an awful lot of weeks/years to use up your price differential.

NVExpedite

Active Expediter
I have seen the floor mat removed and the etrack installed. Here is an example.

UpfitETrack.jpg

EtowahE

Seasoned Expediter
these nissan things really take me back to the old "panel van" of years ago. they are short and squat like those things.

any old timer will remember the panel vans that the big 3 used to put out before suv's and cargo vans came alone.

any of you young'uns can google "panel van" and see what i am talking about.
:D

greg334

Veteran Expediter
What?!?

Are you in your 70's?

Panel vans are European things, Panel Trucks are American things.

Panel trucks were made by Ford, Dodge, Chev/GMC and a few others. They were pickups with panel bodies on them.

This is not to be confused with Sedan Delivery vehicles which were cars made into panel cars. Chev, Pontiac, Buick, Ford, Mercury, Dodge, Plymouth, Hudson, Packard (via Henney) all had chassis' that you could get as Sedan Delivery. In the past 40 years, this included Vegas, Pintos and HHRs.

Last edited:

EtowahE

Seasoned Expediter
What?!?

Are you in your 70's?

Panel vans are European things, Panel Trucks are American things.

Panel trucks were made by Ford, Dodge, Chev/GMC and a few others. They were pickups with panel bodies on them.

This is not to be confused with Sedan Delivery vehicles which were cars made into panel cars. Chev, Pontiac, Buick, Ford, Mercury, Dodge, Plymouth, Hudson, Packard (via Henney) all had chassis' that you could get as Sedan Delivery. In the past 40 years, this included Vegas, Pintos and HHRs.

naw, thats what we called em in my day, you young whippersnapper, you:)

i feel like i am in my seventy's tho, dang nab it!

but, its good that somebody remembers these things.

these nissans will not be as memorable as the old panel trucks/vans.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Young?

I guess ... don't feel that way today - that's for sure.

I had several panel trucks, my favorite was a 1939 Ford 4X4 - yes 4X4, it was built by Harrington for Ford. It was a '39 Ford cab with a built body that extended enough to hold three skids and stand up in like a sprinter.