New to this

FLXR

Seasoned Expediter
Heres the deal.....I drove OTR with CFI for a while and came back home. Only to find that they want local drivers for near slave wages. I have always seen "straight trucks" out there and always thought it would be sweet driving one of them. I have and offer to drive solo for 48cpm loaded. Less than half that unloaded. Fuel is paid for as well as tolls. What I dont know is what else to ask. What is the major diference from a carrier like CFI to working for a owner op, driving there equip. It seems like good money to me but there must be a catch. Are logs handled the same way as far as 11/10? What are some of the challages driving a straight truck vs a Tractor trailer? Any help from anyone would be apprecatied greatly!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I would suggest spending hours and hours reading this site all of your questions have been answered over and over. If you have specific question fire away though!!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I am sure you will enjoy all of the reading and the different view points. I am sure though as you read you will come up more questions. Happy Reading