new or old?

ClassicOne

Expert Expediter
We have been at this for 18 months, leasing and paying lots of our hard earned cash, based on %. We are looking at new trucks and I'm more than a little put off by both the price and the attitude of the sales staff. You'd think that a salesperson would be happy to help... I mean your gonna spend an amount equal to buying a house... I know I'd be knocking myself silly trying to help a potential buyer. So here's the question... We average 17k miles a month...about 200k miles a year. Our lease truck 01/FL80 is available to us to purchase, but it will have 600K miles on it by then and it will still cost us $5K. Have been told by most everyone that by then the truck will be worth maybe $1500-2K. How long will the other components last? Replace bearings, brakes, trans, get the 3126 replaced or remaned, ???? Just how long can I dodge the bullet with one of these "business class" trucks? I mean, a hundred thousand dollars can maintain a truck for a long time!!! What do you think?

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Why not go after a good used truck? There are plenty of REPOS all over the place. One mans lose is another mans gain!!! There are all types of threads in the archives on this subject.