new express-1 sprinters

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
366 days for 2008, plus 4 years at 365 days per year, $250.00 per week $65,214.00 used my Calculator.

MCBuggyCo

Seasoned Expediter
I read that during the gold rush it wasn't the miners that got rich. The ones who made the real money were the ones that sold supplies to the miners. This "deal" sounds like that concept updated for the expedite world.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Might be more profitable to lease trucks than haul freight.
They are stealing a page from NAVL.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
16 tons and what do you get,

Another day older and deeper in debt.

Saint Peter don't call me cause I can't go,

I owe my soul to the company store.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Might be more profitable to lease trucks than haul freight.

Ain't that the truth..... maybe Express-1 is seeing a way to offset their up and coming losses?

I remember a post where I can lease out a truck and make something like $20K on it without a lot of work.

2czykats

Seasoned Expediter
This price probably includes maintanance and all repairs for 60 months, if not it should. But then what do I know.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
It will cover what the manufacturer warranty is. On a high milage vehicle they likely aen't covering anything past that.

NAVL were the masters at lease/purchases until they got busted and had the behinds sued.

Kind of a carbon copy of Midwestern, if anyone remembers them from Kansas. Their slogan was "Buy a truck for a dollar"
And the fools would flock.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
For a dollar?? Hmmm, checking between seat cushions counting,,,give me two,,,make that three. Instant fleet owner.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Hey anybody interested in a truck? I have three no wait make that six, that I will let go for nine dollars each. ( I'm practicing to be a broker)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Talked to recruiting the other day...E-1 is NOT leasing Sprinters ONLY straights...They aren't even recruiting SP's or CV's right now. Rumour mill is really swirling...*L*

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
People aren't making those payments on the lease purchase deals.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
There has been several posts that indicate E-1 is leaase purchasing vehicles.
Don't know if they are true or not?