Need Help - No experience Owner Operator

mladiciko

Active Expediter
Hello,

My wife and I just bought the Sprinter (the long one) and we are looking for company to start driving. We dont have CDL and no experience. I called express-1 and they require 6 month experience and was turned down immediately.

Does anyone have any suggestions where and how to approach and start driving?

Thanks for any info.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Start contacting companies that advertise on this site. I would not drive for them as a solo but as a team you might do ok at Panther. Get your foot in the door somewhere, get some experience, talk to other sprinter drivers out on the road and decide what your second home will be if the first doesnt work for you.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Start contacting companies that advertise on this site. I would not drive for them as a solo but as a team you might do ok at Panther. Get your foot in the door somewhere, get some experience, talk to other sprinter drivers out on the road and decide what your second home will be if the first doesnt work for you.

Good advice. It would have been much better if you had done your research before you got the van, but reality is you didnt. I would do as xiggi suggested. Call every company you can find. Find out which companies will take on a team with no experience, then do some research on this site.

Teams are in demand, so I think you will find a few companies willing to take you on. Make your list, then start researching and narrow the list down to the one company that looks the best. After some time, you'll have a better understanding of what you want out of a company and some experience....then you can re-evaluate if need be.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Hello,

My wife and I just bought the Sprinter (the long one) and we are looking for company to start driving. We dont have CDL and no experience. I called express-1 and they require 6 month experience and was turned down immediately.

Thanks for any info.

Start calling!

Here's a list: Expedite Carriers List

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
One thing I would add. Whoever you decide to go with give yourself the goal of staying with them a minimum of one year. A year gives you and the carrier a fair chance to get to know one another. You'll have a good idea how expediting and the particular carrier works. If you start jumping from one carrier to another you'll soon find yourself unhireable because of an "unstable" work history.

eb

brock19w

Active Expediter
Hello,

Thanks for any info.

At Panther Expedite you dont need a CDL or driving experience. Just a reasonably clean MVR and Background.

tbcabs

Seasoned Expediter
Good luck with your new purchase. I would suggest working with one of the larger carriers. Once you get your feet wet then you can venture out and find the place where you will be happiest with. Just remember that this is your business and you have to do the best for YOU and not anyone else. This forum is a great place to research and learn from. I have been in the business for seven years and I learn something new every day. Good luck on finding a carrier to work with.

bg101

Expert Expediter
What's the mileage pay for Sprinter at Panther? I am learning too, but driving a Sprinter for $0.65 make no sense.

Thanks.