NAFTA and the N American Union

Vinnie T

Seasoned Expediter
Who are you going to vote for? Both parties support Nafta which will ultimately allow us to become the North American Union with the Amero dollar. Are you going to continue to buy into the 2 party scam ..I mean system? You think it's conincidence we are in a recession now with NAFTA in place and no future president will do anything to change it?

Discuss while I go throw up!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
As far as Canada and the U.S. NAFTA isn't the U.S. 's primary problem...The devalued U.S. dollar, our manufacturing moving overseas. The fact Americans spend more then they make and the 3 plus trillion dollar in debt is the real problem.
The shame is no one in power has any plan to help bring us out of debt.

NAFTA only replaced the Auto pact that was already in place for upteen years for Canada and the U.S.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
It also created enterprise zones on the border which is a problem for both Canada and the US.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It also created enterprise zones on the border which is a problem for both Canada and the US.

Canada and the U.S were doing just fine until they included Mexico and the enterprise zones....they messed up what was working..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The United States actually got a fantastic deal in regards to oil imports from Canada. Canada is obligated to export a percentage of it's oil production to the USA. Given that the main foreign policy problem in the USA over the past few years has been energy security and given that Canada has the second largest pool of oil in the world I would say that any American official that wants to redo NAFTA is nuts. Things have changed in Canada since NAFTA and there is no way that the Canadians would get themselves into such an energy deal again. Most Americans do not realize that the Alberta oil sands alone has enough oil to supply the entire present American consumption for over 100 years. The Canadians are not ones who break agreements even if they are not the best deal but if they are given a way out they will take it.