N.Y.C. Help

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Looking for some good directions to W 34th st in N.Y.C. with A straight truck. Sitting at the Vince Lombardi now I drop early mon morning G.P.S. says to take G.W. Bridge. Any help and/or encouragement would be apreciated.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Looking for some good directions to W 34th st in N.Y.C. with A straight truck. Sitting at the Vince Lombardi now I drop early mon morning G.P.S. says to take G.W. Bridge. Any help and/or encouragement would be apreciated.

Can't get there from where you are. Abandon all hope....:D

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is the number in the address odd or even? If odd, the loading dock will be on 35th St, if even, 33rd. Regardless, READ THE PARKING SIGNS CLOSELY and know that the rules will be enforced with Nazi-style strictness. Good luck.

Sent from my SCH-I110 using EO Forums mobile app

tknight

Veteran Expediter
There's always a ticket and a meter maid waitting on every street corner, good luck!ImageUploadedByEO Forums1371396020.892311.jpg

Last edited:

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Not sure exactly where your headed but I usually take the Lincoln tunnel into manhatten, saves over an hour sometimes, I always go in at 6 am, drop and escape back to jersey, which still smells.............tunnel toll is the same as the gw, just watch out at the tunnel exit, it's got a bus turn only that takes a lot of people by surprise, and you need to rely on a real map as your gps might not lock in fast enough. I've made about 16 treks into the city this year already. See people, sometimes I can be serious, and not a smarty ***!

tk

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Not being a smart *** is my new mission, to help others here, if your going to take the lincoln tunnel, your restricted to 13' height, don't risk it if over,ImageUploadedByEO Forums1371397098.763804.jpg I'm 12'6 so it's a no brainer, I think the limit on width is 102 and all the bus's are 102, and it's non stop bus traffic, there is plenty of room. what time is your delivery?

tk

Last edited:

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Out of respect to my carrier I won't give out the name but it is in the clothing district and loadin street is 35th. My truck clearance is 13'1" so no tunnel so my options as I see it is G.W. to Bradway allthe way down. or take 278 acrass bridge. Load in is at 6:00am so I plan on being there at 3:00 am and hang out till 6:00 am.

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When I drove motorcoach I would go through lincoln tunnel turn right out of tunnel, two blocks 34th st. prolly turn left to get to what you're looking for

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Can"t take A truck with A 13'1" clearance in the tunnel. There are video's on Youtube of what happens when you do that. Thanks anyway

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
there's a phone number you can call give them your height and they will give you the best route

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Not being a smart *** is my new mission, to help others here, if your going to take the lincoln tunnel, your restricted to 13' height, don't risk it if over,View attachment 7034 I'm 12'6 so it's a no brainer, I think the limit on width is 102 and all the bus's are 102, and it's non stop bus traffic, there is plenty of room. what time is your delivery?

tk

He's 13' now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Almost 6 hours after appt ?

Should we arrange a search party ?
A collection for bail ?