My new favorite cooker

ihamner

Expert Expediter
I have found THE greatest cooker for the truck. It is called the Express 101. Here is a link to it: http://www.firstpagefitness.com/blo...cooker-and-express-way-to-make-healthy-meals/

I can't believe how perfect it is for the truck! It is very compact and cooks food fast. We can have perfect eggs in minutes. I fixed cubed steak wrapped around asparagus that was amazing. I have fixed a number of breakfast meals and they are delicious and the clean up is a snap. This doesn't take up any room in the truck and it is a great little addition to the small appliances in the truck. It comes with a cook book with some great ideas for meals. I even baked us both a little low fat/sugar free chocolate cake (sort of like a cupcake only larger).

India Hamner
[font color="purple"] FEDEX [/font][font color="blue"]Custom Critical[/font]
D Unit
"Talent is God-given; be thankful.
Praise is man-given; be humble
Conceit is self-given; be careful."

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm halfway convinced, but one question: what the heck is the "flavor injector" referred to as one of the "4 free gifts"?

Reactions: 1 person

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
India,
We bought one of these almost 3 years ago and it is AWESOME! I cook all kinds of stuff in it including the chocolate cake! I buy the Tyson cooked Southwestern Chicken, add shredded mozzarella cheese, and wrap in a carb balance tortilla shell and toast it in the cooker. It's wonderful rolling down the road. You'll love the cooker.

ejtrucker

Seasoned Expediter
That is so cool. I am going to get one. When my truck died I got on with a fleet, but because I am solo, I lost my big house and need a little gadget like that. I am having a hard time getting into cooking t in this smaller sleeper. I will get it; something like that cooker is the ticket.
I just saw it on TV a couple nites ago and it got my attention. Thanks for sharing and thanks for the link. That helps members get more information if they so chose.

EJ
www.myspace.com/ejtrucker
D/solo

http://www.expeditersonline.com/img/5star-7.gif

48ST8s

Seasoned Expediter
We have one of these too (Express 101). It is great. You can buy the shake pancake mix that you just add water to and have pancakes in your truck. There are also a variety of muffin mixes you can buy that you just add water to. I like the stuffed soup recipe where you use a large can of Chicken Corn Chowder (Chunky soup brand) and mix it with stuffing mix, then cook. Also great to cook refrigerated cinnamon tube rolls in. Never thought you could have fresh baked cinnamon rolls in a truck!

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Cheri,
A flavor injector looks like a giant hypodermic needle. They are great for adding flavor to steaks, roasts, pork chops, whatever. For instance, you could inject a Teriyaki or Worchestershire sauce into the meat (every inch or so) and it makes it juicier and more tender. The flavor is infused throughout the meat instead of just on the surface. Same principle as mixing a sauce into the meat when you make hamburgers.

Dale

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Thanks Dreamer. I believe I'll print your reply & save it, in case I ever need to explain the "giant hypodermic needle" to some law enforcement type person...:D

skittles

Expert Expediter
Hey All,

I bought one of these but have never used it. I misplaced the recipe book they sent with it and wasn't sure how to use the darn thing. I guess I'll have to see if I can get another book and start using it. For those of you that do have it and are using it, is it necessary to have the recipe book?

Cyn (and Mike)

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I never used the recipe book. I just remembered some of the things that they did on the infomercial. :eek:
Just experiment, the cooker is so easy to use, it's hard to mess up stuff.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Oh my! I just did the cinnamon rolls yesterday. It is worth having the cooker just for those! The smell of fresh cinnamon rolls cooking in the truck is amazing! They were perfect. I love doing fried eggs in it and the omelets are great also. They turn out perfect every time. Someone mentioned a missing book. You won't need it. Just always remember to spray the wells with Pam and go for it. Each time I finish cooking, I unplug the cooker, place a folded paper towel in the cooker, pour a tiny amount of water on the paper towel and close the lid for a few minutes. Then I wipe the wells clean with the hot, damp paper towel and clean up is done. I am trying the Southwest chicken wraps today. Thanks for the suggestion. india

Reactions: 1 person

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
There are 2 fairly deep wells and it cooks really quick.

I didn't think of putting a damp towel in the cooker while it cooled. I have been wiping it out while it was hot...ouch! :eek: