My new authority

mcclainlogis

Not a Member
Today marked the day of bigger things, much more paper work and alot more hours working.

Our motor carrier authority was granted today (5/22/08) and while I can not wait to get started motoring down the road with some of my fellow expediters, I also am surprised, not shocked by the amount of federal required paper work it takes for a carrier.

The sad fact is - the mounds of paper work have only started!

While our customers (through our freight brokerage business) await our personal service - I would love to hear from any other small carriers and any advice you are willing to share.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I have 2 questions for you, sir. Did you operate a brokerage before starting your own motor carrier? How long did this whole process of getting your authority take? Just curious.

mcclainlogis

Not a Member
Yes I did operate a freight brokerage company as well and we will continue that aspect of the business for a bit longer.

This whole process of getting the motor carrier authority takes about 20-25 days after you file your paper work.

It's taken me many years to get to this point for sure.

I hope that answers your question.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Yeah. I appreciate it. At least you should have some freight lined up for your truck(s) since you were already running the brokerage.