My favorite burger is the... Fatburger

HighwayRover

Seasoned Expediter
So I finally got around to trying Five Guys Burgers and Fries last week. The wife and I each got the same meal for a total of $26 and some change. What a disappointment. It was a good burger but nothing special and certainly not worth the cash spent on it. It seams that just offering a burger you could cook at home has everyone excited about how great it is. I don't buy that. Just because it meets a good taste standard doesn't make it great. After considering some of the truly great burgers I've had I now realize that most of them are west coast burgers. He's my top three burgers. Let me know if I'm missing any affordable burger joints I should try.

Fatburger (absolutely the best) Fatburger

In and Out Burger (the Double-Double with grilled onions and sloppy with extra sauce)
In-N-Out Burger

Whattaburger (try their green chili burger if you can find it or any of their specials)
Whataburger - Whataburger | Home

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Like five guys never spent half that for one person. I n o good stuff. Used to like whataburger in the 80's when I lived down there but it has gone way downhill tried them several times over the last few years dissapointed each time and don't go there anymore.

Haven't tried fatburgers I'll have to check them out.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Down south it's "Cook Out" and if you can find one "Red Robin" is really good.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Farmer Boys. Great burgers. Great Onion Rings, fried zucchini. Many places have TT parking.
Many in Ontario, Ca area.
72 stores in all. Creeping into Vegas market.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I like Five Guys and Backyard Burgers and Whataburger.

Fuddruckers has an excellent burger, freshly butchered and ground beef.

In the Cleveland area, Michael Symon's (he's an Iron Chef) B Spot Burgers has been voted best burgers in America the last three years running, for good reason. They're awesome.
http://bspotburgers.com/

Symon's burgers are very close to what I make at home. I course grind sirloin and ribeye in a food processor (pulse grind 10-12 pulses in small batches), then loosely hand form them only just tight enough that they don't fall apart. Then pan grill them in a cast iron skillet. Good stuff.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Parkettes in Lexington Kentucky is an old style 50's drive in and they have epically good onion rings and shakes. And their Po boy is the greatest $5 burger on the planet

When in doubt, flat out. Colin McRae

Omaha

Active Expediter
For Fast Food

1. In N Out
2. Whataburger
3. Bronco`s in Omaha (Local fast food restaurant)
4. I still like a Big Mac
5. Fuddruckers is good but the last time is was fairly pricey

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
5 guys and Fudruckers I think are alike, Good burgers but overpriced. I like Cook Out and In and Out.