Motor oil

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
I have a 2008 cat c13 with 725,000 miles on it. It's had nothing but Delo from day one in the engine but my driver just had the pm done and they put Delvac in it. Is this going to be a problem? Do I just run Delvac in it from now? Do I need to have it drained and get Delo back in it?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's certainly not a catastrophe, but every time you change brands, viscountcies or types (dino versus synthetic), the engine will wear juuuuust a little bit differently. If it were me, I woudn't like it much, but I wouldn't freak out, either. I'd just go back to Delo at the next oil change. Maybe do the next oil change a little sooner than otherwise.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
It's certainly not a catastrophe, but every time you change brands, viscountcies or types (dino versus synthetic), the engine will wear juuuuust a little bit differently. If it were me, I woudn't like it much, but I wouldn't freak out, either. I'd just go back to Delo at the next oil change. Maybe do the next oil change a little sooner than otherwise.

That makes sense. Thanks.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Modern motor oils are extremely well engineered products. The amounts of testing that goes into a bottle of motor oil is mind-boggling.

I would treat this oil change just like any other, and change it at the normal interval.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy