More Per Diem Questions

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
I was a company driver from January thru June, Then as a driver for a fleet owner July till now.

So do I file per-diem on form 2106 at the $52 rate, then on sched C at the $52 rate from July to Oct 1, then $59 for the remainder of the year? Then how does the fact that my spouse is my co-driver change this - Rates doubled?

If Per-Diem is supposed to be for living expenses on the road, do we need to even bother to keep receipts for eating out and those on the on the run drinks and snacks?

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
More Per Diem Questions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was a company driver from January thru June, Then as a driver for a fleet owner July till now.

So do I file per-diem on form 2106 at the $52 rate,
Did your wife drive for the company also?
If not Yes it goes on Form 2106 line 5 b that states sub to dot regs. if you wife drove also a separate 2106 has to be made out fo the same thing.

then on sched C at the $52 rate from July to Oct 1, then $59 for the remainder of the year? Then how does the fact that my spouse is my co-driver change this - Rates doubled?

Do you plan on making out 1 Sch C. or 2
the per diem rate goes on the Sch C line 24B under Meals, and you have to separate each ones there or use 2 Sch C's( Remember the per diem is subject to 80% of the total
specify the breakdown like for each of you for the 2nd half of the year

265 days logged at $52 /day sub to dot regs 13780
48 days after 9/30/30 at 59 per day $2832

If Per-Diem is supposed to be for living expenses on the road, do we need to even bother to keep receipts for eating out and those on the on the run drinks and snacks?

You don't really need the food receipts due to the per diem is a reimbursement for food only

But you must have log books or if your in a van a trip record ofyour pick yps and deliveries

Frank__________________

- - - Panther
Truck 31471