More Money Please &^%^ NYC

60MPH

Expert Expediter
Well looks like PANYNJ passed another toll increase for the Lincoln,Holland tunnels and the dollar bill bridge along with the Goethals, Bayonne and outer bridge crossing. Its now 12.00 cash and 13.00 per axle for trucks. Ezpass is $9.50 for cars/vans and I believe 10.00 a axle for trucks. It will also go up .75 a year for Ez pass customers till 2015 and 1.00 for cash customers. The increase went into effect on 9/16/2011. I went into the Lincoln about a hour ago (sitting in Hells Kitchen waiting to unload) and there are signs stating that the increase is in effect before going in the tunnel. So if ya going to cross one of these bridges or go under the Hudson make sure you charge for it.

P.S for those that don't know you only pay going east/north going to NYC west/south to N.J. is free unless you cross the Verrazano bridge on 278 the White Stone on 678 or the Throgs Neck on 295 those 3 charge you to leave the wonderful NYC area and the White Stone and Throgs Neck charge you in both directions. Ain't that cute.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Counter clock wise is what some have told me....in thru the Gothics and out the GW free that way ..

Why does anyone do NYC anyhow these days?

60MPH

Expert Expediter
Gotta pay going in on the Goethals, booth is right there after you cross the bridge on the east/north side. NYC pays goooooddddddd and this morning no traffic rolled in at 05:00 unloaded @ 7:10 back in Linden NJ. by 7:35. Easy peesey lemon squeezy.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Gotta pay going in on the Goethals, booth is right there after you cross the bridge on the east/north side. NYC pays goooooddddddd and this morning no traffic rolled in at 05:00 unloaded @ 7:10 back in Linden NJ. by 7:35. Easy peesey lemon squeezy.

I USED to do NYC ....back then it was a flat rate carrier...so NO good ever came from it....except the real time experience of it....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We go to NYC fairly often. Those runs pay good. Money is money. With the toll increases they will have to pay better to cover the costs. That is business. We do what we do. If that includes NYC then it does.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
We go to NYC fairly often. Those runs pay good. Money is money. With the toll increases they will have to pay better to cover the costs. That is business. We do what we do. If that includes NYC then it does.

Ya see this where Chef and I disagree to some point...he never claims tolls to be reimbursed as he considers them the cost of doing business and he eats them.....
I on the other hand if a customer wants their stuff to go there then they should bear the cost of doing business, NOT me......the customer should pay all costs associated with moving their product. It should be reflected in the rate...

60MPH

Expert Expediter
I USED to do NYC ....back then it was a flat rate carrier...so NO good ever came from it....except the real time experience of it....

Yea I never went there for Panther as I was on flat rate to. Even with the extra hundred they would throw in I still felt it was not enough to go. Now I run from Wash D.C to Nova Scotia and all points in between. You get use to the idiots, I mean traffic after awhile. Heck I feel out of place when I go to Ohio now and I can't remember what Indy or chi-town look like anymore.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yea I never went there for Panther as I was on flat rate to. Even with the extra hundred they would throw in I still felt it was not enough to go. Now I run from Wash D.C to Nova Scotia and all points in between. You get use to the idiots, I mean traffic after awhile. Heck I feel out of place when I go to Ohio now and I can't remember what Indy or chi-town look like anymore.

I cut my teeth learning to drive in Toronto...NYC don't bother me traffic wise...sometimes it is just the time ya have to invest to make that money...I've been fortunate most of my NYC have been night deliveries or off hours...

60MPH

Expert Expediter
I cut my teeth learning to drive in Toronto...NYC don't bother me traffic wise...sometimes it is just the time ya have to invest to make that money...I've been fortunate most of my NYC have been night deliveries or off hours...

Oh yea the GTA is great to drive in at a.m. and evening rush. Usually I am going to Brampton, Napanee or Belleville or further east to QC. so I just run the 407 at those times, expensive yes but worth it as I have the transponder so there are no camera fees. Downtown Montreal is also fun to drive in to, but no where near as bad as Manhattan.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

LOL!! You either got your teeth VERY late in life or you started driving REALLY young!

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Counter clock wise is what some have told me....in thru the Gothics and out the GW free that way ..

Why does anyone do NYC anyhow these days?

There are always a new batch of newbies who don't know any better:eek: or the glutens for punishment LOL

leezaback

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't they want to charge more for ON-PEAK times?
This is a stick up-give me all you're money:p

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That means Say no if the Companys not paying any tolls.

Making a new sheet up now for the New tolls going in and comming out.
Thanks for the information.