Michigan & Pre Pass

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Is there anyone else that can never get a green light in Michigan? Everytime I go by a prepass site in Mi I get a red light if they are open.

When I log on to my prepass to see the reasons why it's always a "lane straddle". I dont understand this as everytime I make sure I am as perfectly centered in the lane as possible! The transponder is centered in the windshield.I'm not tailgating, not speeding. I personally think it's just Mi harrassing us. Once when I logged in it said the reason I was pulled in because my tandem weight was over 79,000 pounds. Cmon im in a single axle straight truck!!!!!!

Can anyone else provide some insight to this?:confused:

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If Mich just had it set to pull everyone in, wouldn't that show up when you check it? If you're getting the "lane straddle" thing often, maybe you should drop a note to PrePass that they need to tweak something. I don't have it and know nothing about it, just throwing some food for thought out there.

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Where?

I75?

I94?

I have green every where?

Both I-75 & I-94 I get the red lights. What gets me is the reasons. I know I am not straddling a lane and I know my tandem weight was NOT 79,000 as I am in a single axle straight truck. It just seems like they dont want to miss a opp for revenue!

Everywhere else EXCEPT New Mexico & Arizona I get a green light. Those 2 states want proof that you paid fuel taxes.