May location and other nonsense

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Chesapeake, VA to Greensburg, PA Greensburg, PA. to Bordentown, N.J. Now sitting in Bordentown, N.J. @ the Petro #2 out. If they dont get me out today I wil deadhead 290 miles home but stay in service. BLAH BLAH BLAH...............BLAH

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Stopped at a service plaza on I-44 in Oklahoma, East of Tulsa, watching a tornado-producing storm coming our way. Waiting here for storm to pass before resuming our westbound trip. Should be over in an hour or so. Softball-size hail is reported in the NOAA weather radio warning. Quiet here for the moment but that will not last. Keeping our fingers crossed and have a ditch nearby in case we need to flee the truck. No storm shelter at this location. Back room of the small building here is where staff people here go for shelter if needed. Our "fire drill" truck evacuation items are in hand for safe keeping. We will take them with us if we have to hit the ditch.

Last edited:

moose

Veteran Expediter
Sacramento's Pilot (old 49er's) for the weekend, PU on Monday heading to Denver.
PLEASE stop by and wake me up!

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Stopped at a service plaza on I-44 in Oklahoma, East of Tulsa, watching a tornado-producing storm coming our way. Waiting here for storm to pass before resuming our westbound trip. Should be over in an hour or so. Softball-size hail is reported in the NOAA weather radio warning. Quiet here for the moment but that will not last. Keeping our fingers crossed and have a ditch nearby in case we need to flee the truck. No storm shelter at this location. Back room of the small building here is where staff people here go for shelter if needed. Our "fire drill" truck evacuation items are in hand for safe keeping. We will take them with us if we have to hit the ditch.

You sound prepared for safety, hopefully the storms leave without much damage.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

ATeam

Retired Expediter
You sound prepared for safety, hopefully the storms leave without much damage.

That's the way it played out. The storm in our path weakened and the warnings were allowed to time out. We are resuming our trip.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
There is a tornado emergency in st louis at this time and oklahoma city has flash flooding with wind gusts of 87 mph please watch over your trucks!!!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
That's the way it played out. The storm in our path weakened and the warnings were allowed to time out. We are resuming our trip.

It played out OK for us but not for everyone. When we got to the TA at MM 142 in Oklahoma City, flooding was encountered. We were able to get in and out of the truck stop itself (fuel stop) after driving through standing water but not back onto I-40 at that on ramp. It was totally under water and a handful of cars were washed into the ditch. It took some wandering around on surface streets to work our way back to the previous on ramp and resume the trip. There were several places were cars were partially under water and abandoned.

We were not on the freeway long before traffic stopped at MM 129. A tornado had struck there. About six trucks parked at the closed scale were on their sides, most with their lights still on. Billboards were shredded and debris lined the road. Further south in the distance, we could see the disco lights of dozens of emergency vehicles. This is in or near El Reno, OK.

Checking the news, I see that this storm killed some people. FOX News is reporting five dead and dozens injured.

With the benefit of hindsight, it was a good choice to stop where we did to wait out the storm. May God be with those who fared less well.

Last edited:

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sitting in Laredo waiting for them to open at 8 am Saturday morning. I'll just stay here in Laredo until Monday.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
After Fort Hood drop off got a short run to Laredo...now off again to Alabama! I believe near Gadsden, just following my purple on the GPS! :p

)0( Nasmaste )0(

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
who cares if they knew who I was if you hold a grudge off some site like this what would you do any other time! I think they would be in deep water !!! just saying

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
oooo yea some more food for your brain who says im not sitting at home posting all this! are maybe ive been haked by the yellow cube truck drivers! just saying dont beleive everything you read or see if you really want to know you have to try very hard to find the answers just like are new prez and the benghazi scandal! do I beleive he knew what was going on yes these ppl where set up to die