May 2015

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Awe, welcome back GrassHopper. You have walked the path of the expediter and learned his ways. You have learned to survive in a small space with little food or water. You have driven across the rice mat without leaving tread marks. Take this knowledge with you into the field of painting. Leave not ladder or brush marks. Become one with the surface you paint. Also, pray to Buddha for help getting those freaking ladders down from your ProMaster.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
And why anybody would want to drive for somebody like this is beyond me.

Maybe it's the only way they can earn a living, reputable carriers won't take them [for whatever reason], and they need to work, got bills to pay. Contrary to popular wisdom, being poor/broke/unemployed is no picnic, and people will do whatever they can [or have to] to avoid it.
You don't have to have any experience at having money to know it's better than not having it, lol. ;)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Wow! Welcome back JP. Just because you haven't been expediting is no excuse not to check in occasionally. I just reviewed your excellent tutorial on installing a Fantastic Vent. I will soon be hacking a 14" square hole in a new van roof. I thought I would brush up on the install and re-read you post. I believe I owe you a bunch of music or at the very least a remote hard drive. Anyway, good to have you back!

Can you link that tutorial for me, please? I probably won't do the install, [no one who knows me would agree to it, lol] but I can't stand not having one, it feels claustrophobic.

Reactions: 21cExp

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Go ahead make the jump from CV to straight...just make sure the truck is at a stop first....lol

11188149_890084824363340_1096131217486928383_n.jpg

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Time to have my "last Meal" load the van up and hit the road....oil change done, blower motor resistor changed and cabin air filter....reminder to self to order new filters....
have my spare fuel filter in case that problem comes up again....need to get it on a computer to read the code fault...why the engine shutdown....

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
I really enjoy being off the road as well, there is something always that one part of me wanting to go back on the road. ...

Oh, I wasn't saying I was enjoying being off the road, but have to admit a good part of being full-time caregiver was enjoyable. But I was itching like crazy the whole time to be back out there looking at the world through a windshield.

Best of luck with your painting biz!

Hey there, hope all is good several folks have asked me about you. I was no help, lol. Hope all is well.

Hey Mr Xig! Nice to see your voice on here. Been a crazy coupla years. I've often wondered how the interior is holding up on your Sprinter and how things have been going for you.

Still using the Ryobi gen, and have had little to no problems with it? I'm thinking about getting the same unit.

Hope to see you on the road somewhere. . .

Wow! Welcome back JP. Just because you haven't been expediting is no excuse not to check in occasionally. I just reviewed your excellent tutorial on installing a Fantastic Vent. I will soon be hacking a 14" square hole in a new van roof. I thought I would brush up on the install and re-read you post. I believe I owe you a bunch of music or at the very least a remote hard drive. Anyway, good to have you back!

Mr Moot! Yeah, I should have checked in from time to time, tho had my hands and mind pretty busy with care-giving. It can be rather all-consuming. Reading about everyone still running the highways would probably have made me more crazy than I already was for the road.

You got a new van? Cool, congrats. I'm really glad my Fantastic Vent installation tutorial has been so helpful. Hope yours goes in as well and easy as mine did. Been a couple years and still no leaks of any kind. I'm hoping to finally put in those house batts and isolator we talked about on another thread.

One of these days we'll be in the same place at the same time and I'll buy you that coffee and danish I owe you from when I first came to EO. Don't sweat the ext hard drive, I have plenty, but I'll take good music anytime.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
I followed your tutorial to the letter and had a flawless install. Many good night's sleep with my fantastic fan. Until I got off the road and sold my van to a painter. :)!!!

Hey Murray - glad it helped make your install go so well! Mine's been in almost two years and still no leaks of any sort. Hope all is going well for you.