Marco Rubio steps in it.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yeah having an ID is really going to suppress a huge number of votes. :rolleyes:

If they can't get a few dollars together for an ID card over the course of a year then they weren't going to be able to afford to vote anyway.

Most asinine statement read today. It's not a matter of "getting a few dollars together", it'a matter of stretching too few dollars to cover too many necessities, constantly choosing which take priority [shoes for the kid, or a brace for a sore knee?] and which can wait till [hopefully] next week, because there is never, ever enough to cross them all off the list. And voting is free, so why say "they weren't going to be able to afford it anyway"? Because it's so easy to disregard people who aren't as fortunate [or smart] as most of us?

How many people don't have a photo ID? They are needed to cash checks, start a bank account, get a job, etc. so it is not the issue that some like to pretend.

No idea how many don't have a photo ID, but there are a LOT who don't cash checks [ they work for cash or barter], have no bank account, don't work for anyone who needed to see it.
If anyone's "pretending", it's those who pretend that there exists enough voter fraud to require ID laws, when there isn't, and that people who lack photo ID are so rare [or is it worthless?] as to be negligible.
Election fraud? Plenty of evidence that it exists, but how many laws to stop that?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Really they try to supreme voters, are you suggesting by trying to ensure someone has the right to vote they are somehow suppressing people? Honestly I am so tired of hearing that type of crap. It's nothing more than party line feel good bull. I honestly don't care if there is 0 voter fraud no one should have a problem supporting 5 he idea it just makes to much sense to logically oppose.

Last edited:
Reactions: muttly

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I am saying, not suggesting, that they are creating roadblocks and obstacles [not just with photo ID, but with early & absentee voting, same day registration, etc] that make it more difficult to vote. In the absence of credible [or any] evidence that voter fraud is a problem, they must have another motive, so what could it be? "Civic duty" is a tough sell, on account of the fact that there is evidence of election fraud, but they do nothing at all, ever, to fix that problem.
Voter fraud would need to be major to affect any but the smallest races, while election fraud can have big results with nearly invisible 'glitches' or irregularities. I think they have their priorities bass ackwards.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Can't figure out how an online dictionary works? OK: cryptic: hidden, unclear [which people? what lies?]
Non responsive: did not address the points made.
I know what it means,just asking you to expound(give more details) why it pertained to me. The people who believe lies like 'republican war on women' , 'republicans are racist' (because they oppose Obama's policies or because they want to secure the border and prevent people from illegally crossing into the country.)'Republicans are anti worker'. They want an economy that provides good jobs for workers. 'Republicans hate the environment' They don't subscribe to the radical global warming agenda that will raise energy costs on people who are least likely to afford it.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Who doesn't have a photo ID now days? How does offering early voting so people have an entire week available to them in addition to election day a roadblock or obstacle to voting? Not offering them would be an obstacle to voting since then it's either show up the one available day or forget it. That is some seriously major conspiracy theory going on.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I know what it means,just asking you to expound(give more details) why it pertained to me. The people who believe lies like 'republican war on women' , 'republicans are racist' (because they oppose Obama's policies or because they want to secure the border and prevent people from illegally crossing into the country.)'Republicans are anti worker'. They want an economy that provides good jobs for workers. 'Republicans hate the environment' They don't subscribe to the radical global warming agenda that will raise energy costs on people who are least likely to afford it.

It pertained to you because you posted the comment that was cryptic [aka cowardly] and did not respond to the issue.

It's the Republicans who are eliminating both Planned Parenthood and every abortion provider they can. That won't eliminate abortion [which is a legal right], it will only make it more dangerous. They are also rsponsible for the mockery of abstinence only sex education, which causes more young women to get pregnant, while the equally responsible young men skate free.
Republicans may or may not be racist, but the numbers of minorities they really try to help is pretty much none at all. They help the fortunate, though, who tend overwhelmingly to be white. And regarding Obama, the Tea Party and others said the moment Obama was elected that he would serve only one term, because they would make sure nothing he wanted got done. They didn't judge the merits of what he proposed, ever, just rejected it outright.
Republicans are doing everything they can to destroy unions - the only protection workers have against unfair and unsafe [but profitable!] practices. They champion tax cuts for business & the already wealthy, and benefit cuts for the poor. They don't want 'good jobs' for the people, just jobs at minimum wage are fine. They resist every effort to raise the minimum wage, in spite of the fact that where it's been done [like in Seattle] none of their 'reasons' have turned out to be true.
They consistently try to roll back and eliminate regulations that protect the environment, never mind head off climate change. Which, BTW, is a "radical" agenda only to those who think 95% of reputable scientists are engaged in a conspiracy [that would be, let me think - oh yes: Republicans, pretty much.]

As I said, that doesn't excuse the Democrats who allow it to happen, but they're not the ones proposing the legislation.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't have enough faces or palms for that one. Half the stuff you stated as fact isn't even true, and the other half has been accurately and correctly debunked as liberal spin. Wow.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It pertained to you because you posted the comment that was cryptic [aka cowardly] and did not respond to the issue.

It's the Republicans who are eliminating both Planned Parenthood and every abortion provider they can. That won't eliminate abortion [which is a legal right], it will only make it more dangerous. They are also rsponsible for the mockery of abstinence only *** education, which causes more young women to get pregnant, while the equally responsible young men skate free.
Republicans may or may not be racist, but the numbers of minorities they really try to help is pretty much none at all. They help the fortunate, though, who tend overwhelmingly to be white. And regarding Obama, the Tea Party and others said the moment Obama was elected that he would serve only one term, because they would make sure nothing he wanted got done. They didn't judge the merits of what he proposed, ever, just rejected it outright.
Republicans are doing everything they can to destroy unions - the only protection workers have against unfair and unsafe [but profitable!] practices. They champion tax cuts for business & the already wealthy, and benefit cuts for the poor. They don't want 'good jobs' for the people, just jobs at minimum wage are fine. They resist every effort to raise the minimum wage, in spite of the fact that where it's been done [like in Seattle] none of their 'reasons' have turned out to be true.
They consistently try to roll back and eliminate regulations that protect the environment, never mind head off climate change. Which, BTW, is a "radical" agenda only to those who think 95% of reputable scientists are engaged in a conspiracy [that would be, let me think - oh yes: Republicans, pretty much.]

As I said, that doesn't excuse the Democrats who allow it to happen, but they're not the ones proposing the legislation.
Nothing coward or cryptic about what I said. There are FEWER in the work force than when Obama took office? An embarrassment of an economic policy .And it affects low income and minorities more than anyone else. A booming economy would provide jobs for those minorities and for many they would be making MORE THAN A MINIMUM WAGE. That's what a booming economy does. It allows more freedom of movement for people who may be working in minimum wage jobs to move into better paying jobs. Instead we have this Obama economy where people are more likely to have to stay in a low paying job because there isn't much else out there. He had everything he wanted the first two years too, regardless of what you say the Tea Party opposed. This economy should have been doing great a long time ago after the recession. Instead we have an economy limping along. Regarding the environment, this administration is wacked out on this Global Warming bs. and their policies will once again affect poor people and minorities more than anyone else. For a long while we had fuel prices well over 3 dollars a gallon and electric prices have increased. Again , poor people and minorities take the hit. The 95 % figure is not accurate.
There hasn't been global warming for around 17 years and the temperature measurement methods are flawed.

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Nothing coward or cryptic about what I said. There are FEWER in the work force than when Obama took office? An embarrassment of an economic policy .And it affects low income and minorities more than anyone else. A booming economy would provide jobs for those minorities and for many they would be making MORE THAN A MINIMUM WAGE. That's what a booming economy does.

The law of supply and demand applies to wages too. When people in our industry say that people should stop taking cheap freight it's the same principle for hourly workers. That's a really easy way to force wages up without even trying to force the government to step in. The obvious problem much like in our industry is that someone will do it cheaper but that just means the pay is what the market rate is.

Regarding the environment, this administration is wacked out on this Global Warming bs. and their policies will once again affect poor people and minorities more than anyone else. For a long while we had fuel prices well over 3 dollars a gallon and electric prices have increased. Again , poor people and minorities take the hit. The 95 % figure is not accurate.
There hasn't been global warming for around 17 years and the temperature measurement methods are flawed.

I believe that the 95% figure is how many scientists think global warming is happening but it's lower for ones that think it is man-made. There are very clear motivations for scientists to give an opinion one way or the other so I like to look at history and the temperature change we see now. We have plenty of evidence that the earth has been warming well before the industrial age. The figures all fit into the historical patterns over millions of years versus being concerned over the last 100. We have years that are hotter then we have colder years like this winter that was breaking decades old low records. It all averages out.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Who doesn't have a photo ID now days? How does offering early voting so people have an entire week available to them in addition to election day a roadblock or obstacle to voting? Not offering them would be an obstacle to voting since then it's either show up the one available day or forget it. That is some seriously major conspiracy theory going on.
Uh oh, the stars must be aligned!

I actually agree with @leo.

smiley-vote-sign.gif

Yowpuggy

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mitch McConnell said his first priority was to see him fail as President, before he even knew his policies,what was that about?

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Really they try to supreme voters, are you suggesting by trying to ensure someone has the right to vote they are somehow suppressing people?

"To ensure someone has the right to vote?" I assume "they" = Republicans? If so, how are "they" insuring someone has the right to vote? I'm not following you.

Honestly I am so tired of hearing that type of crap.

Why create a law where there is no need for one? Creating voter ID laws are akin to states writing "Anti-Sharia Laws", there's absolutely no reason for it. If people are ignorant to support such endeavors or have the opinion of, "Better safe than sorry" then I feel sorry for you.

I honestly don't care if there is 0 voter fraud no one should have a problem supporting 5 he idea it just makes to much sense to logically oppose.

That makes absolutely no sense. If there is 0 voter fraud then why on earth would you make someone jump thru hoops to vote? Sorry, our lawmakers in DC should be focused on other things not some non existent problem.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Really they try to supreme voters, are you suggesting by trying to ensure someone has the right to vote they are somehow suppressing people? Honestly I am so tired of hearing that type of crap. It's nothing more than party line feel good bull. I honestly don't care if there is 0 voter fraud no one should have a problem supporting 5 he idea it just makes to much sense to logically oppose.

For a good laugh and a bit of an eye opener.

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/dxhtvk/suppressing-the-vote