March 12th, roundtable event for c/v's and sprinters~

JOHNCLARK

Expert Expediter
Ok, so we have the date. March 12th, Saturday. Noon. Where? Don't know:D

Since I'm not from the Toledo area I will let you give me some great ideas on where to meet. Since it's at noon I'm looking for a great restaurant that will fit about 20 people in a nice atmosphere. Of course it must have a area we can pull tables together and talk.

I will be in Toledo next week looking around but would like suggestions. Maybe we will rent a small conference center and have it catered. Does anyone know of conference areas in Toledo?

Ok, Thanks!!

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Just a thought, maybe you can set up some sort of conference call for those of us that can't actually be there physically. Atleast to just listen in. Might be kinda of neat.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
almost wish i fit into this group.....seems to be like a meeting of the minds...hope all works out and things can get done. good luck John...

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
the petro has a big enoughparking lot and a restaurant. the ta has a small lot. the j has dennys. ugh.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Holiday Inn in Monroe, Michigan, has a conference room and is right next door to the TA. Maybe this will do.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
If you are considering "Sports Bar" kind of places, Perrysburg, Ohio...I-75 2 exits south of the Ohio Turnpike (80-90) on St Rt just off the exit is a "Fricker" (good wings and pulled pork) and also a "Ralphies", (just good all around food)....easy to get to from just about anywhere....there is a couple of "hotels" at the ame exit with conference rooms....

You want "upscale", 75 to Phillips ave exit and find your way to Mancys Steak House....But make sure you bring the Gold AmExp....:)

JOHNCLARK

Expert Expediter
If you are considering "Sports Bar" kind of places, Perrysburg, Ohio...I-75 2 exits south of the Ohio Turnpike (80-90) on St Rt just off the exit is a "Fricker" (good wings and pulled pork) and also a "Ralphies", (just good all around food)....easy to get to from just about anywhere....there is a couple of "hotels" at the ame exit with conference rooms....

You want "upscale", 75 to Phillips ave exit and find your way to Mancys Steak House....But make sure you bring the Gold AmExp....:)

Ok, I'm gonna visit those places on Monday. Thanks!!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Hey John that was suppose to be ST RT 20 Perrysburg exit..head east off the ramp and they are both right there...behind the BP...you might ask someone to point you down 20 a bit more by the Krogers, there use to be nice place, was called Stingers or something like that...I could take you there, just not sure on the name...real good food...

JOHNCLARK

Expert Expediter
Hey John that was suppose to be ST RT 20 Perrysburg exit..head east off the ramp and they are both right there...behind the BP...you might ask someone to point you down 20 a bit more by the Krogers, there use to be nice place, was called Stingers or something like that...I could take you there, just not sure on the name...real good food...

No problem. Also, this is just a "roundtable" meeting, this is not a fancy sponsored event with all the bells and whistles. It's just time to enjoy a good lunch and have a great time talking and helping each other. Anyone can attend, hopefully no one disruptive to our cause.

Any O/O can attend. whether it be a straight truck or tractor. But this is a concentration on cargo vans and sprinters,or cube trucks. New to the business, or a vetran. Thanks!!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
You know I forgot about that BassPro...they do have food upstairs and probably could handle a meeting and lunch....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
LOS wrote:

Where have you eaten in Monroe? There are some good places in that area.

Pete's Garage!! :eek:

Hey Joe, whats that place on 24 headed north just before Stewart Rd.??? Great food there...

And La Fiesta the mexican place on 24 is good too...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
LOS wrote:

Pete's Garage!! :eek:

Hey Joe, whats that place on 24 headed north just before Stewart Rd.??? Great food there...

And La Fiesta the mexican place on 24 is good too...

Angelo's Northwood Villa.

There is also the Michigan Bar and Grill. I think the same people that own Pete's own this one.

Then there is Trapperz in La Salle. This place is getting to be very popular with the boating crowd. Don't forget The Frog Leg Inn in Erie. This is a French style place, small, great food.

Trapperz Tavern - Welcome

Angelo's Northwood Villa - Home

Frog Leg Inn Restaurant

http://michiganbarandgrill.com/

http://www.lafiestarestaurant.com/

Last edited:

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
toledo folks. the man putting this together said toledo.

why are you st guys getting involved in a vanner forum? go haul van frt will ya!
:D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
A buddy of mine was the Chef that opened the Frog Leg in Erie when it opened, he has since moved on, but yea great food and a nice atmosphere for a nice night out with mama...:)

I'll pass on the Northwood Villa, but thats just me, i know people that love the place...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
toledo folks. the man putting this together said toledo.

why are you st guys getting involved in a vanner forum? go haul van frt will ya!
:D

Just tryin to help our little brothers. :p Toledo and Monroe are only 8 miles apart as well. Trying to be of service. More options is always good.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Hey John if Mexican works, Alexis rd exit of 75 (the 1st ohio exit) Go west and at the bottom of the overpass and just past the traffic light at Detroit ave on the Lt side of the road is a Bright colored place that looks like an old Bob Evans (cause it is) called Cinco De Mayo....great "real" Mexican food ( i thnk half the employees are illegals), big servings and cheap....and the "rita's" are "very good"...:D