Mac 19 at the Yard

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think it should not be available.....or just plain don't do one.

It is so contorted and just so wrong....can't even use it as a guideline.....Between the Canadian trucks and American trucks that go to Canada and the local group...we put too much importance in it I think and it at times causing...ummmm confusion......
We should just TRUST dispatch to do the right thing and their judgement....afterall we do contract with the BEST and all make out in the end....;)

Just let it happen and reduce the stress of reading them numbers....:D

guido4475

Not a Member
I think it should not be available.....or just plain don't do one.

It is so contorted and just so wrong....can't even use it as a guideline.....Between the Canadian trucks and American trucks that go to Canada and the local group...we put too much importance in it I think and it at times causing...ummmm confusion......
We should just TRUST dispatch to do the right thing and their judgement....afterall we do contract with the BEST and all make out in the end....;)

Just let it happen and reduce the stress of reading them numbers....:D

But I think it is a good way to determine as to stay or "turn and burn", as some would call it.To get away from the population, so to speak.It is not 100% accurate,unless that # of vans/sprinters/cubes is being decoded by dispatch, but even so, it's not like they have time to deal with that,either.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
But I think it is a good way to determine as to stay or "turn and burn", as some would call it.To get away from the population, so to speak.It is not 100% accurate,unless that # of vans/sprinters/cubes is being decoded by dispatch, but even so, it's not like they have time to deal with that,either.

Agreed..more of a guideline.....the confusion arises at times....there are 10 sprinters on mac 19....then 6 the next time and you were say 3rd showing.....see what I mean?....

with all the configurations of vans...we don't know if they are 12 footers or 8 footers or 10 footers....and all the different weights as well.....

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I rarely use it due to my circumstances. Sometimes I get lonely though so knowing that ping is coming can be comforting. :(

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
OVM time for you to roll, way to much time on your hands for thinking. :)

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Agreed..more of a guideline.....the confusion arises at times....there are 10 sprinters on mac 19....then 6 the next time and you were say 3rd showing.....see what I mean?....

with all the configurations of vans...we don't know if they are 12 footers or 8 footers or 10 footers....and all the different weights as well.....

There ya go!! Mac 19 is just another tool in the box. It isn't meant to be 100% accurate due to vehicle variables. Nor would I "turn and burn" based solely on what a 19 says. A quick call to dispatch to confirm status is the best option. IMHO.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter

Use the Force ......

:D:p