LP hybrid conversions

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I hope this picture is high enough quality. Saw this sign in a truckstop. I don't know nearly enough about this to seperate fact from fiction. Opinions?

uploadfromtaptalk1326892718037.jpguploadfromtaptalk1326892737649.jpg

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I hope this picture is high enough quality. Saw this sign in a truckstop. I don't know nearly enough about this to seperate fact from fiction. Opinions?

View attachment 3093View attachment 3094

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

I never drove a Diesel LP....some might be facts...
Oil does not get black...but still it breaks down and needs changed....no carbon or soot...power was the same as gas....and in most states you need a LP license to pump it in...so that one is false

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
I believe the biggest problem is the fuel storage. I seem to recall that it takes a much larger and heavier constructed tank to haul the same energy. I think that's why we don't see everyone rushing to it for all vehicles.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I believe the biggest problem is the fuel storage. I seem to recall that it takes a much larger and heavier constructed tank to haul the same energy. I think that's why we don't see everyone rushing to it for all vehicles.
That is part of it...NG is far worse....a 40lb tank is like 9 gallons of fuel....so you'd at least need 2 40's to be worth it...and run a dual system....then you get into the weight problem....takes from your cargo limit...

Eastex

Seasoned Expediter

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sounds like a very complex system....heck it is hard enough to find a good diesel mechnutnic now never mind if something goes wrong with this system...:rolleyes: