Loyalty cards-- experience

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know about you, but my experience with loyalty cards is somewhat less than stellar.

The TA/Petro card-- Forget about it, I don't have one and after what I've been reading here, I will NEVER have a TA/Petro card. In fact, after the "unwelcome wagon" was rolled out on one of the last threads I won't be setting foot on TA/Petro property again.

Pilot/Flying J-- I got the "Preferred Customer" card a couple of weeks back. Because I buy gasoline, the clerk wouldn't even consider giving me the professional driver card, seems that's only for trucks that buy diesel. I get no points at the pump, and the card seems to be good only for coffee and knick-knacks at the deli counter. Otherwise, it seems pretty near useless and I intend to ignore the thing from now on. Coffee isn't bad, and if I do use the card every 5th cup is free.

Speedway-- This is the card that actually seems to be good for anything-- and then, not a lot. Last time I was in, though, swiping the card at the pump did result in .10 per gallon reduction in price at the pump, plus they added points at the pump as well... Right now I'm up to around 2,100 points so I guess I'll have to start redeeming some of them. Coffee seems OK, every 7th cup is free with the card.

Loves-- I don't have the card, won't get the card, haven't had any notable bad experiences there but it seems these truck-stop cards are useless generally so why bother?

How about y'all? Am I missing something, at least as far as what's accessible to drivers of gasoline-powered vans?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just go to pilot j get a my rewards card and activate it online.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Speedway and Pilot/J are actually the best deal in my books for GAS powered vehicles....
Pilot 15 gallons gets you 1/2 shower credit...

Speedway...better rewards for points AND the GAS is of a lower price...so if you don't need shower credits which we all do at one time or another....
7 coffees = 1 free
7 bags of chips=1 free
7 bottles of 20 oz Coke= 1 free
7 donuts = 1 free and so on
6 rollergrill items = 1,000 bonus points...

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
Just go to pilot j get a my rewards card and activate it online.

Yep you get half a shower credit for 15 or more gallons of gas. I have also got cash advance for free I think with 30 gallons of gas. You just don't get points that's diesel only.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Go to Pilot/Flying J and take a Professional Drivers card off the display. Go to the kiosk and swipe the card, it will ask for all your personal info and become valid. You won't get points for gas but each 15 gallon purchase gets you 1/2 shower credit. Showers are worth $10 each. Then take an RV card and do the same thing, that card gets you a 2 cent per gallon discount at the pump. They will let you have both cards. Use the Pro to get your shower credits then use the RV the next few tanks of gas until you need more shower credits. If you play the game, the cards are actually beneficial to carry. Bill

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Go to Pilot/Flying J and take a Professional Drivers card off the display. Go to the kiosk and swipe the card, it will ask for all your personal info and become valid. You won't get points for gas but each 15 gallon purchase gets you 1/2 shower credit. Showers are worth $10 each. Then take an RV card and do the same thing, that card gets you a 2 cent per gallon discount at the pump. They will let you have both cards. Use the Pro to get your shower credits then use the RV the next few tanks of gas until you need more shower credits. If you play the game, the cards are actually beneficial to carry. Bill

I'll have to consider that. The "preferred Customer" card is useless, but the other two just might be worth something.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

That is exactly what I do Bill....Diesel, we get .03 discount!...LOL

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We pay cash price plus I think a five cent discount.