loud APU

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
when are some of you APU's going to get new mufflers because if it wasn't for going to jail this morning i would have fixed one were it wouldn't ever run again

moose

Veteran Expediter
You can start with themm loud motorcycles, and finish with the stupid backup alarm on those company trucks...

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Trucks that idle and have air leaks or bad air dryers that purge every 5 minutes drive me crazy. Also old reefers that take a long time to start.
That's why we try to park out front and not back in the 53 foot demolition derby area.

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
yea but i was parked off to my self they pulled up next to me then started that thing they have it the back of thier box i guess its to load for them to

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
Trucks that idle and have air leaks or bad air dryers that purge every 5 minutes drive me crazy. Also old reefers that take a long time to start.
That's why we try to park out front and not back in the 53 foot demolition derby area.

was out front i'd rather hear a big cat with streight pipes than one of them thar winny things

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
How can you complain about loud noises when you are parked at a truck stop?

There are way too many wally worlds,lowes,home depots,sams clubs and a lot more places to park that are very quiet compamred to a truck stop.:confused:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How can you complain about loud noises when you are parked at a truck stop?

There are way too many wally worlds,lowes,home depots,sams clubs and a lot more places to park that are very quiet compamred to a truck stop.:confused:

There is a difference between things that are loud because of how they are made and things that are loud because of poor maintenance.

leezaback

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Love the lawnmowers !!! no matter where you park-someone has to park right on top of you-could be 5 spaces open-guess the lines are hard to see-need bigger object to hit ! lol
the vibration from some of these hurts the eardrums. Need to develope a better muffler, and longer extension so the truck next to them woun't be fumed to death !!
I'm sure glad I have an onan !