looking to start in expediting

fireman1552

Active Expediter
I am looking to go into the expediting business as an owner operator in a straight truck or sprinter van. Which would be better? What companies will help with getting you a truck or van. Email me @[email protected] with any names of companies.

jjtdrv4u

Expert Expediter
call all the recruiters of the companies that advertise on this website, and see what they say.

not many will finance or loan a vehicle to a newbie o/o, just saying.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Most expedite companies are not in the finance biz. Your best shot like jt says call recruiters then ask about driving for fleet owners.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I am looking to go into the expediting business as an owner operator in a straight truck or sprinter van. Which would be better? What companies will help with getting you a truck or van. Email me @[email protected] with any names of companies.

Check with Expediter's Services that advertises here. They don't have Sprinters to my knowledge but they do have straight trucks.

fireman1552

Active Expediter
Thanks guys but none of the companies will hire me for straight truck. I do have sprinter van experience and tractor trailer experience.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Thanks guys but none of the companies will hire me for straight truck. I do have sprinter van experience and tractor trailer experience.

Don't quite get it !! You would have to give a timeline of your experience in van and tractor. 1 year verifyable experience in a like vehicle is required with no gap. Explain please your history of driving and maybe we can help.

fireman1552

Active Expediter
I have 3 months of Tractor Trailer experience but most of that driving I was home every night. I did stay out 2 nights and slept in the sleeper. Have a little over 3 months of sprinter van experience in expediting over the road.