looking for new company

strawflower

Seasoned Expediter
Does anyone out there have any comments on a couple of expedite companies called All-State Express and Try Hours. I'm looking for a new company to sign on with. God keep you all safe.

Reactions: 1 person

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
do a search for "all state express". there is a threa a couple years old and folks you can pm for questions. do the same for "try hours" and you will find many posts and more folks to contact.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
The drivers I have spoken with have not spoken of any negatives regarding All-States Express.

One advantage for someone living above the Mason-Dixon line is that they seem to have more south to north freight than a carrier based in the northern tier states.

So when you drop off down south, you may stand a better chance of getting back north with them.

The type of truck is also a factor. You may want to offer that information so the vets on EO can respond based upon their experience.

PS. Thanks for giving God the glory!

Disclaimer: The use of the terminology "northern tier" is not to be confused with the term "top tier".

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In addition to truck details and team/solo what is your experience so far? Who have you run for? Is there something in particular making you want to change? All companies have warts and some have the same warts so changing doesn't improve much. Fill in some more details and you'll get more replies I'm sure.

kangar0085

Seasoned Expediter
The drivers I have spoken with have not spoken of any negatives regarding All-States Express.

One advantage for someone living above the Mason-Dixon line is that they seem to have more south to north freight than a carrier based in the northern tier states.

So when you drop off down south, you may stand a better chance of getting back north with them.

The type of truck is also a factor. You may want to offer that information so the vets on EO can respond based upon their experience.

PS. Thanks for giving God the glory!

Disclaimer: The use of the terminology "northern tier" is not to be confused with the term "top tier".

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH that's a hilarious picture.

strawflower

Seasoned Expediter
thanks to all who responded to my inquiry. We own a straight truck, I will be driving single until my husband can come back into the truck. We were on with Panther for the last 4 years with our truck and 1 year previous driving for another owner. I had a bridge accident in Aug in Chicago on an unmarked low brigde, our contract was canceled the next morning, I have never had an accident before and was not sited for the accident. Needless to say I am looking at different companies to sign of with. Praise God for His mercy and goodness.

bludragon13

Seasoned Expediter
for future reference your rand mcnaly road atlas has a 24 hr number you can call in chicago that connects you to an agency that will give free of charge directions to your delivery in the area and mishaps like this can be avoided ,we have used it on 2 occasions and it has been very helpful,only took about 5min of time and is well worth the effort if you are unsure of the chicago area,wish ny city was as helpful! As to your question about ALL State , this was over a year ago, no comdata(although they advertised they had it),fleet card offered with higher charges then comdata, direct deposit only at bbt bank in greensboro,nc, you had to open acct there to be payed,bank told us the deposits were made every other friday by hand by all state, no advances on completion of runs, empty move policy looks good but no moves autherized fri thru mon regardless of where you are located.this will be a big adjustment from panther. however things do change and perhaps they have revamped over the past year or so however they were weak on runs that are away from the southern base and we sat far more then at conway or panther. just check it out closley to determine if you can live with these changes and check out as many carriers as you can before deciding where to go ,best of luck to you