Log Books

mirangerman

Expert Expediter
OK, so I finally figured out how to kinda sorta figure out how to fill out the log book for 10 hrs sb, 11- 14 hrs on duty/ driving. But what I havent figured out yet is keeping within the 60/70 hrs/wk rule. I would appreciate some help since I am going to be driving w/ Panther by the end of May - Thanx,

Tennesee Trash

Expert Expediter
I went to Panthers II orientation and they give very good instructions on logs, 60/70 hr rules for solo and teams. They will lead you step by step ,whether you already logged trips or not prior to orientation.
They will give you all the log material you need ,plus a "bible" Panthers II rules and guidelines,which covers any questions you may have.
They will answer all questions about logs and much more you will need.
Good Luck
Larry Tn/ Trash

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
your on the 70 hour rule... a tip, to help with the split sleeper, I've found that using a stopwatch and/or digital timer is helpful.

When you start your 14 hours, start your stopwatch/timer...

when you stop to log sleeper berth time - stop your stopwatch/timer.

When you come out of sleeper berth logging, start the stopwatch/timer again.

This way you'll always know without 2nd guessing, exactly how much time you have left (legally).

Digital timers work the best, set it to count down 14 hours, that way when you get up and take hold of the wheel again, you'll know when you start the timer count down up again how much time you got left.

As a solo, it really helps, esp. when the QC watchin' so closely. You won't have to talk with the log dept./safety dept. so often.

Later, Bob

mirangerman

Expert Expediter
Thanx guys :) , Guess it really doesn't matter too much if I can fill it out the way the Gov wants me to. After plugging away on and off for several months doing trip planning, figuring out (or should I say estimating) traffic conditions, la tee da, ad nuasium - it still only figures out to about 8 - 14 hrs of OD time anyways !

But at least I know I am on the right track, and hopefully when I get to Panthers Orientation - I'll be even MORE confused ! (lol)