Log books and dvir

aimeejos

Active Expediter
Does FedEx keep these on record for required time period (3 yrs and 6 months respectively) and allow drivers access? Truck owner never said anything about it just it was e logs and self explanatory - he went to orientation not me... Since it was electronic logs I assumed company would give copies if needed. Now I'm not so sure.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
You have to log into a website and download them. I used to work for fedex cc. But i don't have website currently available.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
The website is: www.dhos.myqualcomm.com/dhm
Input the company name as FedEx Custom Critical
Then enter your driver id
Then your password, which is the first 4 of your id.

You can download your logs into a pdf file to your computer.b

aimeejos

Active Expediter
Thanks for the info. But the time period you can download is limited. Guess I need to stay on top if this from now on- nothing I can do about the past.... How about the DVIRs? Those are not on Qualcomm website... Do I need to do on paper for my records and also submit macro to FedEx?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
The logs are kept for six month on QC site and you need to submit DVIR using Macro.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
To answer your question, no.

I asked this after recently going through an IRP audit. These are the only place anywhere that an odometer reading was recorded. I was also told that they also sufficed for Canada. The old blue stickers we put on logs for Canada had a spot for odometer readings, which makes me wonder how our new logs are compliant. We all recently learned that the DVIR macro is not sufficient, per the fleet bulletin.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Had a thought about IFTA that didn't belong here. Post deleted.

Last edited:

aimeejos

Active Expediter
Usafk9 - I read the fillet bulletins religiously. I have not seen anything about DVIRs. Do you know about when that was posted?

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
I'm going to have to do some digging. It came across the Clink as a fleet message, and again in a fleet bulletin, with the form being posted on the extranet.

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
Usafk9 - I read the fillet bulletins religiously. I have not seen anything about DVIRs. Do you know about when that was posted?

If you were with FEDEX prior to 11/05/10, that was the first 'Weekly Fleet Bulletin' detailing the retrieval HOS & the 6 months limit. After that, a few more bulletins and I think the 'Contractors Helper Guide.'
Info concerning DVIRs was also posted after that time...before then I thought it was just for Canada....

Last edited: