Loads

creeper

Seasoned Expediter
I dont know how the new year is going for the rest of you but for me and my brother not so well. Since Jan 5th we have hauled only 4 loads for about 3000 miles all together and have been sitting in El Paso since Thursday morning. I hope you all are doing better then us. Would hate to see anyone else getting behind like we are.

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Well for us the first week of January was great, last week was about 1000 miles if we where lucky and this week we are up to 320 so we are not doing so great either whats the load count out in El Paso now?

bdmj989900

Seasoned Expediter
Since the 5th also we have right around 4000 miles. Have been on the Charlotte board since Thursday afternoon. 2 load offers one on friday morning dh was more than loaded miles and a mini offered yesterday. Guess i shouda took one of them. Things not looking good. Loads need to pick up.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Things will pick up, Jan is always slow out the gates. Been like that for the last 15 years I been doing this. Thats why I tell everyone to be in service as much as you can the last four months of the year to help with the slow times of Jan, Feb, and March.

creeper

Seasoned Expediter
LOL we were just in El Paso. They finally gave us a EM to Dallas and made it as far as Midland and got a load offer from Amarilo to OKcity. Now sitting in Springfield, MO waiting.

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
LOL we were just in El Paso. They finally gave us a EM to Dallas and made it as far as Midland and got a load offer from Amarilo to OKcity. Now sitting in Springfield, MO waiting.

how is the load count coming out of MO now?

creeper

Seasoned Expediter
says 3 average per day as of right now but i watched the El Paso board fall from 3 to 1 rapidly. even driver relations said Texas a a whole went cold for some reason.

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
that's sad to hear we are sitting here in Detroit, where number 16 on a 16 daily average we are number eight now..... we didn't even get a mini offer today and we where unloaded by 0830

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I have a customer that calls me for loads out of El paso, Tx. I set them up with Panther so I set a 647 mile van load up today going to Dallas,Tx. it was one skid at 173 lbs.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
General freight is typically slower in the first quarter. Add in a crap economy, and maybe slower for some. We have been busy but many of the loads seem to be Hazmat, specialty or DOD loads verses standard expedite loads.

ShadowMaster

Seasoned Expediter
I've run around 6000. We did sit in Detroit last week for five days and we have been in London, Ohio since Friday.

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Well we took a load going from Dallas to Florida paid great but now we get to pay the price for going to Florida lol