loads

VanMan

Expert Expediter
I run for an owner,1 st mistake,2nd thing is I never get past 500 dollars a week for the c van I drive.After taxes I'M dead in the water.I run what they give me,but it's not enough.Tell me owners,how do I get longer loads,and how do you get 1200-1500 dollars a week??? x(

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>I run for an owner,1st mistake,---then you could always put out the $25000 to buy your own van, or $80000 plus and get a D unit.(NEW that is)
>2nd thing is I never get past 500 dollars a week for the c van I drive. After taxes, I'M dead in the water.--- Maybe a C unit isn’t the unit to be running. Ask the owner to put you in a D unit. You may be ready to buy your own D unit. If you owned your own van, or D unit you would have more deductibles-along with more headaches, but you can definitely make more money.
>I run what they give me, but it's not enough.---That isn't the owners fault that the Company the van is leased to, doesn't give you more trips. The owner isn't telling the dispatcher not to give you more trips.
>Tell me owners, how do I get longer loads,---First I want to answer the 2nd part of your question--- >and how do you get 1200-1500 dollars a week???---If you say you are making $500 a week the owner is making $1200 a week. x( To answer the first part, Personally I don't know you, but judging from some of your other posts you seem to be learned and willing, so this is just a suggestion. Maybe if you get closer to some of the staff(bite your tong and eat some crow), and befriend some dispatchers(bite your tong harder and really kiss some XXX) at you company, you will get more loads to run, (if the company even has the loads to give you. Things are a tad bit slow right now and the D units are getting allot of the C unit loads.) or maybe some longer trips. It may be that C unit you are running may not be the right vehicle to be running. I here from a number of companies that the D units are the best money makers for running JIT freight.

Just in the last couple of days things started to pick up,(mostly all non-automotive)it may be the right time for the C units to get more trips. Then to with the auto industry cutting back on the number of units to build this year may lighten the loads that the D units usually get and they will start using more C units.