Load Securement

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Moving explosives can get hairy at times.Most explosives have the month and year they were manufactured stencilied on the side of the crates.We have had mortar rounds that were made in 1948. One time we hauled land mines that were made in Russia and captured in Bosnia,brought to the US for examination.Worried about that one all night,who knows if Ivan was having a bad day and was into his vodka at work.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
that does sound scary. At least they knew what was in the metal boxes we had. Like you said, who knows if Ivan had missed a step?

romoore245

Expert Expediter
Our first load in our new truck was a six foot crate that was rather light,a boiler, we put it on the end so it would be easy to unload, secured it with load locks and more straps than needed. So I thought, 160 miles to the drop we got rear ended by a loaded TT. The freight was untouched by a few inches and did not move, it was covered in the other trucks windsheild, and we found out today was accepted and undamaged, one less worry after an accident. We never thought we would get hit, now I'm going to double my straps and bars count.

Pics of the wreck are in the "conway or tristate" thread. It was bad for the TT nothing left intact.