Load One Trucks sitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Bottom line if you look at raw SMS data without all the spin both companies are less than half the national average for driver violations on roadside inspections. That is a very good thing.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Companies that ship higher value freight of ten check your scores, and are likely to pay better.

Bob Wolf.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
The CSA system or methodology will continue to evolve as more flaws or issues with it's approach to assigning carrier safety fitness are discovered. FMCSA states the system should not be used by the public to determine safety fitness - but it is.

All carriers and drivers really need to research and understand CSA and how it actually works. It is most important that we all embrace and abide by ALL of the FMCSA regulations while learning to understand the CSA system. The violations you receive in roadside inspections, and your moving violations and crashes not only adversely affect the carrier you operate for, but also yourself. Those violations and crashes affect the carrier's CSA basics and the driver's PSP reports. Carriers are becoming reluctant to hire drivers with substantial violations on the PSP report. Drivers will find it more difficult to move from carrier to carrier.

Load One is a very safe and reputable company. Panther is a very safe and reputable company. Most carriers are feeling the effects of the CSA program and some of it's unreliable data. If you reasearch CSA you would discover a "weighted" system. Under this system new or recent violations count three (3) times as much as the violations that are old enough to be removed from the carriers' record. Understand that you cannot continue to receive violations in the same frequency as you have in the past - the carrier's basic scores will tumble into alert status very quickly, and once in that status, it is very difficult and takes much time to return from alert status. Alert status and receiving violations on roadside inspections or moving violations causes a carriers ISS (Inspection Selection System) score to rise. The ISS score is what roadside inspectors use to determine wheter to inspect a truck or not. The higher the ISS score, the higher chance your truck will be inspected. The more inpections a carrier has, the higher probability for more violations to be discovered and the higher probability that the carrier's CSA basics score will continue to rise. It is tough to break this cycle. In addition, the increased inspections can cause drivers to accumulate more violations on their own PSP reports. Hopefully now you see why it is so important that we all (carriers and drivers) somehow acquire a warm, fuzzy, loving feeling for the regulations and abide by all of the regulations.

Looking at the old Safer Sys system we all can see that Load One and Panther are well under the National averages for Out of Service violations in all categories. A new system is being implemented (CSA) which is far from perfect, but we must change and adapt to it.

If you are leased or drive for Load One and John Elliot please do your best to get "clean" roadside inspections and avoid moving violations. That is the best thing you can do to help your company at this time. Take time to research CSA - it will make you a better driver. We all want to be better at our jobs.

Thank all of you drivers for the jobs you do.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Bruno is a Richard Kranium

Shadow, yes my legal first name is Richard (Dick). If that makes you feel better to call me a DICK HEAD that is your choice as It really doesn't bother me. You got your cheerleader shoes on and I understand. The drivers are the ones that caused this for Load1 and I hope now that John makes everyone use e-logs now as he has a damm good reason too now.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Shadow, yes my legal first name is Richard (Dick). If that makes you feel better to call me a DICK HEAD that is your choice as It really doesn't bother me. You got your cheerleader shoes on and I understand. The drivers are the ones that caused this for Load1 and I hope now that John makes everyone use e-logs now as he has a damm good reason too now.

Excuse me? ... Our ST is 6/6 passes 0 Fails

guido4475

Not a Member
Straight trucks and Sprinters. Load1 is a great company and I'm not trying to bash them. I'm just pointing out the safety rating has changed and this could be the reason why.

Sent from my SM-N900P using EO Forums mobile app

Not trying to bash Load One? You just did by starting this thread. Kinda like slinging mud...., In my opinion....

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
If you are leased or drive for Load One and John Elliot please do your best to get "clean" roadside inspections and avoid moving violations. That is the best thing you can do to help your company at this time. Take time to research CSA - it will make you a better driver. We all want to be better at our jobs.

Thank all of you drivers for the jobs you do.

I think that regardless of your company you should be doing this anyway. It shouldn't take someone pointing fingers at a specific company for this to be brought up. It is more often than not that we see drivers pull away without even doing a walk around of their truck, or when something is wrong blaming it on the owner. It is your score, your company, your freight you may be missing, man or woman up and take a bit of responsibility.

ent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
I think that regardless of your company you should be doing this anyway. It shouldn't take someone pointing fingers at a specific company for this to be brought up. It is more often than not that we see drivers pull away without even doing a walk around of their truck, or when something is wrong blaming it on the owner. It is your score, your company, your freight you may be missing, man or woman up and take a bit of responsibility.

ent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Jenny;

I meant to imply that all drivers should be doing that anyway, regardless of the carrier they are leased onto. I stated Load One drivers specifically because of the current situation. Gotta help all fellow expediters out.

I know your intentions were all good.

Thanks,

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
He doesn't know what he's talking about. Look at the PRO numbers and do the math. Load 1 trucks aren't even sitting. His conclusions go downhill from there.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines

Englishlady it has nothing to do with truck maintenance as I know for a fact that John does everything to make sure trucks are kept in tip top shape. As John said it has to do with logs.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
He doesn't know what he's talking about. Look at the PRO numbers and do the math. Load 1 trucks aren't even sitting. His conclusions go downhill from there.

Turtle I can only go by what the Load1 Drivers are telling me. I suppose they are lying now. I won't throw names out but I know some of the drivers have sat seven days without a load.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Turtle I can only go by what the Load1 Drivers are telling me. I suppose they are lying now. I won't throw names out but I know some of the drivers have sat seven days without a load.

We have had a few down in TX, no argument. I guess I don't know all the facts about what trucks are sitting or not sitting at your carrier or the average sit time. I hear plenty of conversations from drivers looking to sign on in recruiting. But I guess since I don't know all the facts I wouldn't post on the topic. But that is just me.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
And sitting a few days at a % company is far different than sitting for a mileage outfit.
Coming off a $13,000 week I can afford to sit for for seven days and still be on schedule.
At any mileage place I've been, if you lose a day you fall behind. They price the mileage pay so you have to keep moving.
It's the more miles syndrome.
That's why we have both systems.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Dave,

Early on in this thread I asked why you would start such a thread to which you did not respond. You've blamed everyone at Load 1 from John, to truck owners, to the drivers based on the complaints of a few. You also chose to add a few remarks on how John should run his business. Maybe you should keep your nose in your own.

John is a gentleman, I however, am not. I am a truck owner, driver, and old enough that I don't have to put up with your trash.

Therefore, I have done the unthinkable. I have unfriended you on Facebook. Drastic I know. Shadow was kind in his remark and maybe if you think real hard you can read between the lines and pick up on what I am calling you. It starts with an "I" and ends with a "t".

Have a nice day!!

jackdixon_2000

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Yes Dave should look at his own company sms score. Just like us here at the Fed and Load one we are all over the 60% threshold for increased surveilance and possible intervention in the unsafe driving category Fed is at 67.9 Load One at 68.5 and who's the worst.............Panther at 70.5.
While looking at individual citations i see Panther violations this year for driving on suspended, no licence in possesion even driving on learners permit with no cdl driver present.
What little knowledge i have of the companys individually I do know that I personally recomended some friends of mine to Load One a couple months ago after a co driver was suspended from Fed Ex for a minor traffic accident. Due to wording on the dac report Load One would not qualify them so out of other options they went to Panther who eagerly accepted them. John probably knows who I am talking about initials (H and S)
accident

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I think most everyone will agree CSA is a work in progress and that is being nice. With that being said this isn't a Load One vs Panther thread. Panther didn't make this post. I think they run a good company and try hard like us to be operate legally and safely.

Honestly this thread serves no purpose now (and I am not sure it ever did). With that I encourage everyone to simply be aware of your personal driving actions and the effects it may have on your personal driving career and the possible effect on your carrier. Like any good company no one wants to go through these things, but the upside is we will be an even better company for it.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Dave,

Early on in this thread I asked why you would start such a thread to which you did not respond. You've blamed everyone at Load 1 from John, to truck owners, to the drivers based on the complaints of a few. You also chose to add a few remarks on how John should run his business. Maybe you should keep your nose in your own.

John is a gentleman, I however, am not. I am a truck owner, driver, and old enough that I don't have to put up with your trash.

Therefore, I have done the unthinkable. I have unfriended you on Facebook. Drastic I know. Shadow was kind in his remark and maybe if you think real hard you can read between the lines and pick up on what I am calling you. It starts with an "I" and ends with a "t".

Have a nice day!!

Steve

You can do what you feel you need to do as that is your GOD given right. I like John and I'm sorry that you all feel that I have disrespected Load1, John, it's drivers and the Load1 the Load1 staff. I was just posting what I was ask to do by some Load1 drivers. No, it wasn't Wombat as I haven't talked to him on the phone for a few weeks until today he called yelling at me because people are going to think he asked me to post this. I will not give out their names and I'm a man of my word. I'm not like some of the people on this post that will suck up to someone then trash them behind their back. We could set here and throw stones all day at each other but it would do no good.

I'm sorry I ever started this post as my wife is mad as hell at me over this because she loves John to death. I have ask DAVEKC to remove this thread as it does no good for anyone. John Elliott I'm sorry that I got caught up in the drama of this and only wish I had called you.

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Wow...I am just getting a look at this and it looks like a train wreck. I am at two of the carriers here. Both have issues at different times for different reasons. That is how it is because they are a BUSINESS. As the old saying goes, If one had no faults, everyone would be there.
A issue came up and John addressed it. Got to give him a lot of credit just to come on here and address it. Seriously, when was the last time that happened from another carrier?
I would say this thread has reached its end without people getting personal.
We are inching in on the 4th holidays, so I wouldn't get too wrapped up in this stuff.
"Don't worry, be happy".;)

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I don't make a habit of locking threads, and I won't here unless it turns into a personal pile of madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.